I moved into a new apartment about a week ago. Three story jobber; I'm on the second floor. My upstairs neighbors have already complained about the noise from my place... specifically my two kids playing guitar hero today. The tv was no louder than it would be if they were watching a show.

These people make noise constantly yet I'd never complain because I understand it's all part of apartment life.

And the question...
I need a new amp. What sounds good at low volume? Looking for metal, rock sound.

Quote by Zugunruhe
attenuator?

I'm currently amp-less. If I had the bux for a good tube amp and an attenuator, I would. I need to keep it under $400 total.
Tell your neighbors to grow up? Or just leave them notes too. People get very frustrated and get the point when you do something they don't like to them, especially if they did it to you first.
Just buy something really loud, so you can't hear them telling you to turn it down =)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by xaviergray
That post went in about 3 different directions at once. So are you trying to piss the neighbours off, or are they pissing you off?

Neither really. I'm just trying to find a good practice setup that sounds good at lower volumes.
You set it up like those copy pastas where teh guy thinks his wife is cheating on him.

it made me lol

but um, get any regualr amp and buy an attenuator

useful as it both lowers the volume and gievs taht great tube O/D at all times
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
your neighbors sound like whiners. its not like its at night. if it was late at night than understandable otherwise no. daytime isnt really that much of a problem. but i say get a nice small amp. dont matter what size. whatever you can get the best bang for your buck and get the headphone jack. cause anything else will probably disturb them as well. or sound proof room.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
vox valvetronix amps let you control the wattage, so you don't have to lose tone just because you lose volume, i love mine! works well in my apt, good distortion, cleans, etc. check out the 30 watt
Quote by bigfootone212
vox valvetronix amps let you control the wattage, so you don't have to lose tone just because you lose volume, i love mine! works well in my apt, good distortion, cleans, etc. check out the 30 watt

Had one and didn't like it. I had a really hard time getting the sound that I wanted out of it.
Knock on their door and say "Thanks, for the note but I can't read" then go play guitar hero at maximum volume. I say get a Zakk Wylde micro stack, it has CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!!!!
Quote by Vikingx

And the question...
I need a new amp. What sounds good at low volume? Looking for metal, rock sound.

If you want good metal/rock sound at low volumes, you'll most likely have to buy a modeling amp of some sorts.
Talk about passive aggressive. Kick their asses.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Man, did you not see how much of a dick move they just pulled?

That letter practically roundhouse kicked you in the face.
Last edited by Kyle.E at Feb 8, 2009,
It's probably the drums that are annoying them for guitar hero (if you have the drums); those things are really loud. I think you can get silencer pads or something.
Headphones
Tell them to move out of the apartment if they don't want noise from neighbors
Move out of the apartment yourself

This is why I'm never living in an apartment.
get better neighbors
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
dam that sucks, makes me think i probably shouldnt move into an apartment :\

get something solid state, vox valvestate or roland cube series.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.