In your opinion, what guitar is best for shredding, has a fast neck, slippery fret board (also fairly thin would be prefered), 24 frets, easy high fret access, fairly light weight(really doesn't matter though), easy action, good trem system, and just looks sick?
id go with jackson or ibanez. but jackson i think cuz there sick and sooooo fast and gorgeous
Yngwie doesn't have a good trem (just a strat trem) not 24 frets.
It's just a strat, which is scalloped, which he likes to shred on.

A shred guitar is any guitar you make it, I've "shredded" strats, teles, Ibanez', Jacksons, Hollowbodies etc etc.

But what your definition is the best would be from Ibanez, or high end Jackson (just lookin' ar mianstream companies)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Yngwie doesn't have a good trem (just a strat trem) not 24 frets.
It's just a strat, which is scalloped, which he likes to shred on.

A shred guitar is any guitar you make it, I've "shredded" strats, teles, Ibanez', Jacksons, Hollowbodies etc etc.

But what your definition is the best would be from Ibanez, or high end Jackson (just lookin' ar mianstream companies)

I do have an ibanez but it's a $500 s520ex. I really like the neck on it but i haven't done much to upgrade it since im overseas. It needs new pups badly...the stock INF pups suck.
I'd say Ibanez for mainstream brands,but IMO one of the best "shred" guitars I've ever played was a Caparison Dellinger model.The Rusty C. Sig from Dean can also shred like a mofo.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

RG3550MZ

Brand new for '09

Specs:

Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut
Neck Type: Super Wizard Prestige
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Maple
Inlay: Wedge Sharktooth inlay
Bridge: Edge Zero bridge w/ZPS3
NeckPU: DiMarzio® Air Norton™ Neck
MiddlePU: DiMarzio® True Velvet™ Middle
BridgePU: DiMarzio® Tone Zone® Bridge
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Feb 8, 2009,
Hey, whats the trem system on that new RG........... Thats looking mighty sexy.... love the maple board, if it doesn't have an Edge III I might go pick one up.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
That guitar looks sick. What kinda pups are those?
Last edited by dcvlehr at Feb 8, 2009,
Ah, nice that's the two humbucker version of the S470 ain't it?
Anyway, the S series is a great "shredding" guitar however if you want to do some really "fluttery" whammy techniques or need 24 frets you're a bit boned.
I'd say that the RG series are a bit more "shred" based than the S series (though the S neck is like butter) shred in the way of 80s Steve Vai sorta stuff.

But to be honest I've found shred isn't a genre, like with metal, there is high gain, classic rock usual has that crunch, however look at shred, Steve Vai's playing with a really responsive sound, Joe Satriani has a sorta blues rock tone, Yngwie edges towards metal, Paul Gilbert's had every tone in the book and is now sorta settlin' at a twangy sound.

EDIT: at the RG questions, that RG has the new Edge Zero trem, not as liked as the Edge and Edge Pro in the Ibanez community, the pickups, if it's one of the new ones, very well could be DiMarzios, however they could be stock Ibanez ones.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Hey, whats the trem system on that new RG........... Thats looking mighty sexy.... love the maple board, if it doesn't have an Edge III I might go pick one up.

It looks like the ZR trem system from the pic but i could be wrong. ZRi believe means zero resistance.
Deans, PRS, ESP ftw
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
Quote by dcvlehr
That guitar looks sick. What kinda pups are those?

Neck: DiMarzio AirNorton
Mid: DiMarzio True Velvet
Bridge: DiMarzio Tone Zone
stock ibanez pups are horrible. I speak from experience. They are very muddy.
Quote by dcvlehr
anyone find a price for this?

Price hasn't been released yet, but I would suspect somewhere around $2,000
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Price hasn't been released yet, but I would suspect somewhere around $2,000

well damn...that sucks
Well looks like I'm gonna be buyin' a guitar on credit soon lol
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Punk_Ninja
EDIT: at the RG questions, that RG has the new Edge Zero trem, not as liked as the Edge and Edge Pro in the Ibanez community

Yeah, its not very popular because the ZPS system which is meant to stabilise the trem doesnt work that well. Without it, it returns to pitch as good as an Edge Pro, but with it, its not as good.
Nothing beats an Original Edge or Lo-Pro though
Quote by Pac_man0123
The RG has the Edge Zero trem and the pickups are the V7, S something and V8 if i'm not mistaken.

EDIT: wow nvm, ibanez put in good stock pickups for once

Haha, pwnt. 08er.