Poll: 12 String Or Electric?
Poll Options
View poll results: 12 String Or Electric?
12 String Acoustic Guitar
6 86%
Electric Guitar
1 14%
Voters: 7.
I needed a guitar to take to school because my good one will get stolen or broken. Then i realised i could just bring in my tuner and tune their piece of crap strat knockoff every day. This is a pain in the ass since they go out of tune really easy and sound like a muddy fart.

So... I could buy the electric guitar for $150 so i have it to take to school I'd use it at home too but I'd rather use my Explorer.
Or i could buy this 12 string acoustic which I could take to school and use it at home and busk and stuff.

I already have an acoustic guitar but its really my dads and i doubt he wants me taking it to school and stuff where it will probably get ****ed up.

12 String Acoustic or Electric Guitar? Both cost pretty much the same.

EDIT: One of my concerns with the 12 string is that I've been told they sound really "Nice" and "Bright" and "Happy", will I be able to get any Blues tones out of a 12 string?
Last edited by Final !mpact at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Nielsyboy
12 string.

girls dig it more, learn to be like john butler

John Butler FTW!

I thought the 12 String would be a better choice but at some point I'm going to have to bring in an electric guitar to music class. Out of about 30 people, I'm the only one who plays an instrument and I'm expected to teach one or two people...
One of my concerns with the 12 string is that I've been told they sound really "Nice" and "Bright" and "Happy", will I be able to get any Blues tones out of a 12 string?
Quote by ze monsta
Listen to Blind Willie McTell, SRV unplugged, and Leadbelly.

It depends on the type of bracing in the acoustic, different types of bracing will produce different sounds.

What's your budget?

Thanks man.

These two guitars are the only ones I'm willing to buy. They're both used, They're both cheap and they both sound good.
Quote by ze monsta
Listen to Blind Willie McTell, SRV unplugged, and Leadbelly.

It depends on the type of bracing in the acoustic, different types of bracing will produce different sounds.

What's your budget?

Don't forget Alvin Youngblood Hart
Quote by ze monsta
Too true, Goolz. He's a monster.

I'm trying to find some Corey Harris, but I can't find any
Get the 12 string. You'll be unique and have something you use outside of school. Jimmy Page used one on "Tangerine" and "Stairway to Heaven".
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
This is kinda the wrong forum, but what the hey.
Chances are, a 12 string acoustic at $150 is going to sound thin and brittle (read-overly bright). I can almost guarantee you won't like it. The action will be high, the intonation will be bad, and the construction will be awful.
My votes for the electric.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.