so me and a friend of mine(we're from holland btw) are going to dakota, america after we graduate from high school. Holland sucks. We're not sure if it's going to be dakota but probably it is. Another friend of ours lives in canada and if we're somewhere in north-dakota it doesn't take long to get to our friend. But there have to be the right schools for both of us. so we're not sure. we wanted to go to america and because north-dakota is very near to canada we decided to go there.

so how's life in america/dakota?? should we go there or not? what's the weather like for example?
Quote by Hot_Money420
Fuck North Dakota...unless you want to see grass, stay the fuck away!!

well where should we go then? any reccomendations?
OK, you're wanting to leave the 'boring' country where weed and prostitution is legal, and go to North Dakota? Are you crazy?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by BluesRobin

South Dakota?

Minnesota?

Wisconsin? (If you feel like getting raped by cow-fucking hicks.)

Antarctica?

Naboo?

The Moon?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
OK, you're wanting to leave the 'boring' country where weed and prostitution is legal, and go to North Dakota? Are you crazy?

This. North Dakota is the New Jersey of the Dakotas.

I don't even know what that means.

Quote by BluesRobin
well, what exactly is the difference between south and north dakota?

North Dakota is on top, South Dakota is on the bottom.
You're*
North Dakota - Shitty everything

South Dakota - Shitty everything, but with actual shit to do.

and ND chicks are comparable to hogs.
Last edited by Hot_Money420 at Feb 8, 2009,
so does anyone have any suggestion where to go? and why should we go there or why not?
Quote by BluesRobin
so does anyone have any suggestion where to go? and why should we go there or why not?

Depends on where you want to go in Canada. The Dakotas are south of two crappy provinces. Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

I snowboard, so Washington and Montana are two places I'd want to live in the US.

I like NY and Pennsylvania too though.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Nope. You picked right the first time. North Dakota has pretty good non-resident tuition rates. And their schools aren't bad, UND has a top-rated aerosci program. Can't compete with the New England area, but it won't cost $150,000 USD either.

You could come hang out with us in NC. The research triangle, raleigh durham area has a couple of top schools. Duke University is private with high tuition, but UNC Chapel Hill is a near top ranked public school by the Princeton Review, and non-resident tuition is low. Good jobs in the area, with a much lower cost of living than the New England area. And in NC, people are pretty polite compared to most of the rest of the country.

Florida is great, along the coastline. I went to college in Daytona, had a blast. The central area is cool if you are into nature, wetland swamp type stuff.

I've traveled throughout the US on my job, but never into the Dakotas. The jet stream blasts cold air through that area, so its much colder there than at the same latitudes elsewhere. Expect temps below 0 (Fahrenheit) frequently.

California is not one of my favorite areas. The Los Angeles area has lots to do, but it also has severe traffic issues, high housing cost, and the urban sprawl reaches nearly a hundred miles away from the center of the city. The landscape is dull, mostly desert, except for the northern area near Oregon.

Expect to be hassled for spare change at gas stations everywhere. We have a large population of disabled vietnam vets under the age of thirty.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome. extends hand
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by wizards?
This... I love Minnesota.

Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by wizards?
Why haven't we hung out yet man? Seriously, we should do that...

I'm available friday through sunday.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by BluesRobin

Come to South Dakota
its nicer and less cold
^Indeed we'll have to slam out some details.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I wouldn't go anywhere in the Mid West.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I wouldn't go anywhere in the Mid West.

Why not?
Quote by Bill43

Quote by wahappen
Why not?
If you want excitement, avoiding the midwest the way to go.

To quote Demtri Martin: The easier it is draw, the harder it is to live in them. So if you live in a regular polygon, then get the hell out! You gotta move to a squiggly area. Culture is attracted to squiggles.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^Look at a map. Minnesota isn't a polygon.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Why would you go to North Dakota of all places? Go to like California or New York or something like that.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Quote by element4433

To quote Demtri Martin: The easier it is draw, the harder it is to live in them. So if you live in a regular polygon, then get the hell out! You gotta move to a squiggly area. Culture is attracted to squiggles.

Blah blah blah... I don't believe that for a second lol. I quite like being just east of the mountains and really close to the west coast.
Quote by Bill43

Quote by element4433

Minnesota has a thriving music scene, great sports teams(excluding the t-wolves and the vikes), great museums, amazing theater productions, and a ton of awesome things to do... Seriously, I'd invite you to come out here for a bit and show you because I know you would find something fun to do.
i heard north dakota doesn't even exist.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by BluesRobin
well, what exactly is the difference between south and north dakota?

The spelling.
Quote by mnhockey99
The spelling.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

*slaps knee*

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that song I'd be able to afford four years of college at McNally Smith.

Good to see another Minnesotan as well!
Quote by wizards?
We should meet up with kwik kopy and have a giant jam fest or do something incredibly stupid...

Quote by 0RI0N
^Indeed we'll have to slam out some details.

um... wtf y'all are minnesotans??

and oh yeah, seriously, skip out on the dakotas. come here to minnesota.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
^Yes.
Quote by Necrophagist777

╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
the dakota's are cool, pretty neutral, lot's of nature. If you really wanna see somethin go to montana. I live in michigan. come here if you love the woods and hunting and stuff
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I've got family in Minnesota, and from what i hear its pretty nifty. Oh and there are plenty of things to do in the Midwest. don't let uneducated people turn you away.