Page 1 of 2
Finished it a few minutes ago
Original:

All the lines drawn:

Final Version:

The hair was a bit hard to make so i made it a bit different, the rest is good though i think.
Im gonna do more of these (guitarists) if people here like it i will post those as well
Edit: dont take this stuff to serious with calling it cheating with tracing etc. i just have fun doing this stuff.
Last edited by Benjami at Feb 8, 2009,
you know you really shouldn't just trace over photos, that's kinda cheating.

EDIT: and for god's sake, you traced and still got the face totally wrong.
This concept intregues me.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Haha, I actually looked at the original think 'That's bs, no-ones that good at drawing.'
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Hey, good stuff. The skin needs to be a bit lighter (it only appears so dark on the original because of the lighting, which your drawing doesn't fully recreate). On that note, perhaps some better contrast on his face would make him look more like Slash.

Fun stuff though, I'd never have the patience to do that.
Guys wy take it all so serious with ''cheating'' and stuff, its just fun to do
Quote by Benjami
Guys wy take it all so serious with ''cheating'' and stuff, its just fun to do

that's like playing guitar over a backing track of someone else's song and saying "look at the song I wrote!"

you didn't draw that picture, you traced it. yes, there is a difference, and yes, I'm an elitist.
Quote by templar08
Haha, I actually looked at the original think 'That's bs, no-ones that good at drawing.'

haha same
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
he said he made a digital drawing, not that he painted the thing himself, I don't see the point where he's cheating:p he never said he drew it, only that he made it...:P

anyways, looks cool dude:P
@CoreysMonster: You do know he's basicly doing the same thing better then me?
And then its ''neat''?
And wy did you posted that drawing of yours saying ''yes i can do better'', i can see that now, but did i ever asked you to post something of your own? no, so wy post it?
@cash49: good job man
Quote by Benjami
And wy did you posted that drawing of yours saying ''yes i can do better'', i can see that now, but did i ever asked you to post something of your own? no, so wy post it?

People always do. He was doing it as a precaution for the inevitable "YEAH WELL I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU DO BETTER" and subsequent "YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A CHEF TO TASTE **** FOOD" flamefest.
Quote by CoreysMonster
and yes, I can do better.

nice
but thats not digital!?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by CoreysMonster
^holy crap, THAT, however, is neat
Quote by Benjami
And then its ''neat''?

I'd love to say I'm a photoshop pro, but...

All I did was put your finished picture and the original one of Slash into a GIF animator and faded them between each other, then took one of the frames in the middle.

It took like one minute to do.
Quote by cash49

All I did was put your finished picture and the original one of Slash into a GIF animator and faded them between each other, then took one of the frames in the middle.

good idea il keep that in mind for next time :P
Quote by cash49

It's funny because it would have been even easier in photoshop.

Open the original, layer the trace over it, and slide the transparency bar to 50%.

It would have taken all of 25 seconds
Quote by Vermintide

Open the original, layer the trace over it, and slide the transparency bar to 50%.

Your forgetting the 36 seconds it takes to open up photoshop. IMO MS paint would have been quicker.
Quote by Benjami
And then its ''neat''?

look at his picture, and look at yours.
look at his shading, his strap buckle, look at the colors.
now look at yours.
now tell me where the difference is.

I posted the picture before the inevitable "well your all talk, I bet you can't do better!" line.
And also, to make myself feel better
EDIT:

fuck that, nevermind. he's a cheater, too.

Quote by cash49

damn you! you and your newfangeled ways! *shakes walking cane*
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Vermintide

That just shows what a noob I am at photoshop.

Thanks for the advice though, that method is so much easier.
Quote by Survivalism
Fuckin' tracer.

icwutudidthar...
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
okay.. now we need someone to do a Slosh version.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Good job, only thing i'd change is his lips, they seem a bit small.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Oh wow, you can use paths on photoshop.

This is where we separate the artists from the graphics students.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Page 1 of 2