Does anyone know how to write notes of variable duration in GP5.

What I mean is, I am writing something for fingerstyle. GP5 wants to match all notes to the same duration when played together. However, this is not the case with fingerstyle. When playing 2 or more notes together, it is often the case that the notes will vary in duration with rests being entered in each 'layer' when appropriate. In fact, Finale handles guitar notation exactly like this by creating seperate layers to allow you to enter the correct duration for each part.

An example is in the attachment. The highlighted C should be a quarter note and not a 16th. There should be a rest above the first C to balance this but I cannot seem to change anything on GP5 without it changing the other note.

I know there must be a way of doing this because it is so common.
Attachments:
capture.jpg
You can make the note longer by pressing L in the space behind it(above the high a), or you could use the power tab editor, which has a switch for low/high voice.
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
There are to possible ways to do this.

1. You use the "L" to just hold the notes. Easy, it works, but is not really that what you want.

2. This is what you are looking for. Use "ctrl-1" or "ctrl-2" for switching between Melody and Bass Voice. (Since i'm using the german version of GP5, i'm not quite sure that the shortcuts are the same.)
Another way to choose the voice: Edit---> Voice (again, not sure about right translation)---> choose your voice.

I hope it helps,
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
No problem, i'm glad that i could help
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."