Hey. I need some advice on what to buy to my "studio"

I want to be able to record guitar with a good mic(SM57?) that goes(with XLR right?) into either an onboard audio PCI card in my computer or an external interface.

I also want to have a keyboard that has MIDI so I can make simple songs like strings, piano, and maybe drums and bass too and then play guitar over etc. Will this sound very boring or can I use plug-ins for drums and bass to make it sound more real? This keyboard also into the card or interface ofcourse.

For vocals I was thinkin of just using a simple headset for know.

I guess the components needed would be: mic(guitar), interface and keyboard. If a recording software like Cubase or Pro Tools comes with the interface or PCI Card that is great!

So what is a good setup? I'm lookin to spend around 300$ I think, hard to tell since I don't use dollars =P

All recomendations and other suggestions are very welcome!

*EDIT It might be good to know that I use Vista 64bit, might not be compatible with everything?

*EDIT #2 I use mainly electric giutar but will do some acoustic too. It's nice to mix^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Feb 8, 2009,
hi,
You'll need an interface, (forget about "computer" soundcards) something small with 2 inputs will be fine.
you can get USB midi keyboards, i use an M-Audio Keyrig 49, its pretty nice. generally the "reallism" is all down to your skills at midi programming, and a decent set of sounds of course

are you recording Electric or Acoustic guitar?
Quote by TheDriller
hi,
You'll need an interface, (forget about "computer" soundcards) something small with 2 inputs will be fine.
you can get USB midi keyboards, i use an M-Audio Keyrig 49, its pretty nice. generally the "reallism" is all down to your skills at midi programming, and a decent set of sounds of course

are you recording Electric or Acoustic guitar?

I actually had my eyes on that precise keyboard and for guitar-look at my edits up in first post! =)
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
For electric guitar the SM57 is great. it wont sound too good on the Acoustic though. vocals will be ok-ish.

for the acoustic you'll probably want a large-diaphragm condenser of some kind, Rode NT1A maybe.