me and my band are nowhere near ready to even contemplate gigging or advertising or even letting too many people know we exist yet but our drummer just went and made a myspace and started adding loads of people and local bands!

what the hell!

so basically everyone in our town will have added us and seen our profile (with absolutely nothing on it) and completely dismissed us. then when we do have songs up on it and are ready to gig, no one will actually care and everyone will have forgotten is because were old news right?

i mean surely we cant enter the scene and start getting our name out with nothing to show? we'll lose all credibility and reputation before we have a chance to even build one?

am i right?
Quote by wardyh
me and my band are nowhere near ready to even contemplate gigging or advertising or even letting too many people know we exist yet but our drummer just went and made a myspace and started adding loads of people and local bands!

what the hell!

so basically everyone in our town will have added us and seen our profile (with absolutely nothing on it) and completely dismissed us. then when we do have songs up on it and are ready to gig, no one will actually care and everyone will have forgotten is because were old news right?

i mean surely we cant enter the scene and start getting our name out with nothing to show? we'll lose all credibility and reputation before we have a chance to even build one?

am i right?

Maybe they like the minimalist look of your space.
Yes, you are right.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yeah, at least wait until you've got some live photos/ videos to put up.

Most people browse music myspaces for seconds before leaving - even if they're on their friend list, so having nothing on there is a bad start.

Just create a new profile with a new name when you're ready to.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts