well, i own a peavey xxx head, however its a US one. and after months of lugging around a step down transformer, ive decided to get the transformer changed for my 240v power.

however, when i took it to get changed over the repairman told me the transformer i had been sent was wrong and looked to be for a smaller amp and wouldnt be able to handle the load in my amp.

the company i bought the transformer from hasnt gotten back to me with anything yet, so ill give this place a shot, if anyone can help me distinguish whether i have been sent the wrong part would be much appreciated.

the CURRENT transformer in the amp has this written on it,
"peavey electronics, 705-18719" then underneath has "FIA-695 C13".

the one i bought to put into the amp has this, and mind u, is a fair bit smaller then the original transformer,
"peavey electronics, 705-39338" then underneath has "695-0411 P18"
Quote by mangz_adr
well, i own a peavey xxx head, however its a US one. and after months of lugging around a step down transformer, ive decided to get the transformer changed for my 240v power.

however, when i took it to get changed over the repairman told me the transformer i had been sent was wrong and looked to be for a smaller amp and wouldnt be able to handle the load in my amp.

the company i bought the transformer from hasnt gotten back to me with anything yet, so ill give this place a shot, if anyone can help me distinguish whether i have been sent the wrong part would be much appreciated.

the CURRENT transformer in the amp has this written on it,
"peavey electronics, 705-18719" then underneath has "FIA-695 C13".

the one i bought to put into the amp has this, and mind u, is a fair bit smaller then the original transformer,
"peavey electronics, 705-39338" then underneath has "695-0411 P18"

You need less windings of both primary and secondary, so I can see how it'd be smaller...contact Peavey and double check...?
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
yeha, i sent peavey an email with the details and posted on theyr forum, but no luck yet lol.