any1 know how difficult it is if you're a guitar player to compose something on the piano. i have the melody going through my head and it would sound great on piano but I really don't know what to do
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
It's simple if you know the scale(s).
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Well do you know what music notation is?

just simply play the melody on guitar taking note of the notes your playing and write them down, then just get someone that play piano (if you don't) to read off the music notation that you've written
Quote by Dudeman5000
It's simple if you know the scale(s).

not really actually

it can be really difficult, ive been playing piano longer then ive been playing guitar and making a good song on the piano can be really difficult. knowing scales is good but youre gonna need to know more then that.

if you dont have any experience on piano, then its not worth the trouble.

EDIT: unless you just wanna write out the melody with no bass or chords, then go for it. its easy
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Last edited by koalabacon at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by koalabacon
not really actually

it can be really difficult, ive been playing piano longer then ive been playing guitar and making a good song on the piano can be really difficult. knowing scales is good but youre gonna need to know more then that.

if you dont have any experience on piano, then its not worth the trouble.

EDIT: unless you just wanna write out the melody with no bass or chords, then go for it. its easy

What? That's how I do it and I find it easy.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Quote by MaXiMuse
I compose also some stuff on the piano, and if you know your theory well and know wich keys are wich notes you`ll be alright...

okay great! i know theory well and if i just write out the notes then my keyboard player can play
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
Wrong forum, please read the rules
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I love writing songs on keyboard. chord inversions have opened new doors for me in terms of songwriting - it's great being able to play the same chord but have it sound completely different.