Today I got up and thought "I'm gonna mod my crappy old strat copy."

So I did. I've added a 'neck-on' switch, moved the middle tone control to the bridge pickup, and swapped the middle pickup wires (by the way, what is this actually doing?).

It sounds loads better, especially the middle pickup, which I never really used before.
The weird thing is that when I have it in positions 2 or 4, it adds an octave above, in a subtle way, like an Octavia, where it's only really noticeable on some notes.

What I want to know is why? I don't want to get rid of it, it sounds great, but why does it happen?

EDIT: Right, I've put up a crappy clip in my profile, line-in to the computer, with no effects added. Not great playing, but you can hear the octave.

It's the one called 'test' in my profile.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Feb 8, 2009,
Haha awesome... Don't know anything about modding, so I can't help.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Might be emphasizing a harmonic. Its just one of the overtones coming out stronger, which probably has to do with the rewire.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
That sounds awesome, i cant think what it could be right now, could you diagram the wires or something?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
That sounds awesome, i cant think what it could be right now, could you diagram the wires or something?

For positions 2 and 4, it's just stock but with the ground and hot wires of the middle pickup reversed. The other stuff doesn't affect it.

And yeah, it is awesome!
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt