So it's about time I chose a new amp, and I've narrowed it down to these two, the B-52 and the Peavey, as they are both great amps for my limited price range. I play everything from RHCP to Cannibal Corpse to Paganini inspired licks, so basically everything. If I got the Peavey, I'd probably get a booster pedal, like the Rocktron Nitro to push the VK to do metal.

tl;dr Peavey VK 112 w/ Rocktron Nitro Pedal or a B-52 AT112?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
I have the valveking and it's great if you play lots of different styles but nothing in particular. You'll need some sort of OD to go for metal, though. I can't really say much about the B52.
Eh, VK really needs a new speaker as well, maybe a Veteran 30? With a speaker and perhaps new tubes, my vote goes toward the VK.

However, with the money you spend making the VK a good amp for everything, you could have had a better amp to begin with.

It's up to you.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
B-52, assuming CC and Paganini are heavy bands (hint : not everyone knows what genres every band plays.).

Valveking is crap, and a little bit less crap with a new speaker.
b-52, much more metallic, tight sound, and less muddy. the VK is gonna require a speaker change as well as maybe an EQ pedal. i'd jump on the b-52 deal, and you'll have enough money for a wah pedal or something fun
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
It all depends, if you get the new speaker for the valveking, it will crush the b-52. But in general the B-52 is better. Check my profile for clips (without a speaker change) of my valveking.
I dislike the VK, so I'll say B-52, but you should really just try them.
I've only tried the Vk, as my guitar center didn't have the B-52, unfortunately. The only thing about the B-52 is that I've heard things about it's reliability, and I'm just curious about how well it can do things other than metal, for instance, classical (Paganini) and alt rock (RHCP)
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
I've only tried the Vk, as my guitar center didn't have the B-52, unfortunately. The only thing about the B-52 is that I've heard things about it's reliability, and I'm just curious about how well it can do things other than metal, for instance, classical (Paganini) and alt rock (RHCP)

if your not playing anything heavy, i'd maybe go for a fender blues junior or something
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I do heavy stuff mostly, but I still want it to be versatile. I don't want an amp that can only do Cannibal Corpse, but that doesn't mean I want an amp that can't do it at all. So basically, I'm looking towards something versatile but with the right tweaking is more biased to metal.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
I change my mind. B-52 for you. Or Bugera.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Mlrc
I do heavy stuff mostly, but I still want it to be versatile. I don't want an amp that can only do Cannibal Corpse, but that doesn't mean I want an amp that can't do it at all. So basically, I'm looking towards something versatile but with the right tweaking is more biased to metal.

Randall RG50TC

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/22542

or if you don't mind less wattage (5)

Blackstar HT5

http://www.giggear.co.uk/p/Blackstar-HT5-5-Watt-Combo/