Hi,

I'm planning to buy a new tube amp and i need some recommandations. I play blues, classic rock/hard rock but also metal sometimes. Therefore I would like something versatile.

I'm looking for :
- 2 channels
- 20w-50w power
- master volume control to get decent crunch at bedroom levels
- enough gain to reach au least metallica tone, i will push into metal territory with an OD pedal anyways
- brightness and/or gain boost switch (optional).
- cost $500-$800.

Thanks for any help !
Thank you but neither of them has a master volume. The hot rod's master controls in fact the volume of the drive channel...

Any other suggestions ?
Valveking 112 id say
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
you seem to be nearly the exact same player as me i was looking into the valveking and the kustom defender but my friendly salesperson shined the light on traynor and after numerous excursions out playing many different amps i quickly determined that for the price traynor was the best for my i bought the YCS50 but the Blue may be best for you as it has more crunch.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
VK doesn't have a master volume. Since you're in Paris, maybe check out Brunetti, Framus, ENGL or Cornford.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Feb 8, 2009,
Yes i was looking for the traynors too but there are none in france where i leave, so i can't try any... Besides, the only international seller is proaudiostar on ebay but it has dramatically risen its prices since a few months (ycs50 would be $1150 with the shipping) so i'm still looking for a better option...
Last edited by slappyx at Feb 8, 2009,
lol that sucks traynor being canada made and all kind of a little bit ironic that they dont have any in france... but Europe has all the good amp brands so im sure youll find somthing
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
Quote by Sieves
lol that sucks traynor being canada made and all kind of a little bit ironic that they dont have any in france... but Europe has all the good amp brands so im sure youll find somthing

yes all the good brands except fender and mesa hehe...
Any opinions on laneys for instance ?
Last edited by slappyx at Feb 8, 2009,
Marshall DSL head or maybe a Laney AOR
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Feb 8, 2009,