For my English homework, I need to write a poetry explication. I picked the poem Bowery Blues by Jack Kerouac.

I have been able to interpret all of it except this part:
We hear
The saxophone
O dead Ruby
Died of Shot
In Thirty Two,
Sounding like old times
And de bombed
Empty decapitated
Murder by the clock.

I could probably get away with not having to know what this part means, but I'm sure it would help. If you would like to read the whole poem, click here:
http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/K/KerouacJack/BoweryBlues.htm
And the help you are asking is....

GTFO.

Edit: in other words, sorry I cannot help because I'm retarded.
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

do your work yourself and actually learn
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by wizards?
Do it yourself... I mean I could help you with it if you asked for help, but you're asking for me to do your assignment for you which is a dick move. So get out of here.

I'm not asking for you to do it, I just need a little help interpreting this half a stanza. I've done research on the poet, I've tried looking for references online, but I just haven't been able to figure out what that means.
What is great about poetry is that is is (or should be) subjective. I am sure the writer had an objective thought when writing it, but if you are not speaking directly to the writer; subjective interpretation is your best bet.

For example, I could take those images and make it seem like a jazz musician had aids and was writing about ****ing a lot of women then dying from it. His "saxiphone" was getting worked.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Last edited by Ulalume at Feb 8, 2009,