So, i'm about to start messing around with making an E=Bow type thing

Will putting magnets near my pups ruin them?

Thanks
x
I don't know. I wouldn't think so.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
No, they already are magnets, it's not like hard drives or computer screens.
Pickups are magnets. Unless you get ceramic, and then they are still magnetic. No, it won't hurt your pups. It will just distort the sound
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
pickups are magnets....

if you put a magnet near/on them it will most likely distort the sound in some weird way but wouldn't ruin them.
Eat my dick cheese.
Would'nt hurp the pups, might give a bad sound though. Also, wrong thread.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Can magnets hurt magnets?

I know that some lazy people attach their metal pickup covers using magnetic strips.
No. I do it all the time.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I was using magnets with my pickups yesterday. Didn't really change my tone or damage my pickups.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

technically, exposing your pickups to a powerful magnetic field over a very long period of time could demagnetize them, but you would have to leave your guitar sitting next to a powerful electromagnet for several years for that to happen.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
E-bows are made for guitars, they wouldnt make them if they magically made pickups break would they?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115