Hey

Im looking at getting a 6505 or 6505+. Ive read about the differences.

Im not bothered about the extra money involved....is it worth stepping upto the 6505+? People mentioned the non plus is heavier?! Or is that just a trick of the ears?

Im imagining they are both heavy.

Want it for Hardcore Punk like Comeback Kid, Bane, and more chuggy stuff. Also for more melodic punk like No Use For A Name.

Any ideas?

Thanks
if you dont use the amp's clean channel the 6505 will be better and cheaper
but if you want a good clean channel get the + version.

and what is your budget im sure i can find you a better amp if you give me your budget.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Finally someone else that plays hardcore music.
The 6505 is fine for hardcore considering mostly every band that plays shows use 5150. The 6505 just has a extra preamp tube if i am correct. So i don't which one is heavier, but when I went to go see a death metal band two days ago they had 6505+,but he was using a vader cab and it was heavy as hell.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Quote by xBOPx
Finally someone else that plays hardcore music.

Are you new here?

WTF is right.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I just love the sound of the Peavey 6505's....ive heard a few clips of the + and they are so heavy...what kinda gain do you lose?

For now ill be running it with a USA Tele hahaha, and a new Orange PPC412 Cab.

I dunno how much gain ill lose with the plus...I dunno...i might one day play pretty brutal stuff but itll never be full on death...more like heavy as **** chuggy metal.

Hmmmm
Quote by theoreticmusic
Are you new here?

WTF is right.

Everytime I see some say that play hardcore music I see bands like
The devil Wears prada so seeing someone at least name drop bane thats new to me.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
the 6505 is a bit more raw sounding and has more gain (not that you'd ever need more) than the +, but the + is smoother, warmer, and has a better clean channel. i guess technically the regular version gives you more bang for your buck, but chances are the + might be your thing. i would go for the regular if i were you, on second thought, because that way you have enough leftover money for a tele-sized humbucker.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by xBOPx
Everytime I see some say that play hardcore music I see bands like
The devil Wears prada so seeing someone at least name drop bane thats new to me.

Ah. I see. You're just particular about your genre classifications.
No harm or foul there.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Get the 6505+ if you need more headroom and therefore slightly nicer cleans and don't mind losing a tiny (imo negligible) amount of 'rawness'.

The differences are negligible, but imo, the extra EQ is worth it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah the extra EQ seems good...plus ability to have some nice cleans.

I DO want it to be able to produce nice warm and full distortion like more modern punk as well as some chuggy metal stuff.

I think id be after a proper SG when ive got the cash...
the 6505+ still has more gain than is necessary
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
The more gain factor Really does not make a differance with these amps, as I never put mine past 5.5, allthough others do, it's not like you will ever need to turn a 6505+ pre-gain to 10 to match a 6505.
The cleans are a bit better, but again, nothing that one cannot manage with a 6505 in comparison. They are both very alike, and can only be differanced when going head-to-head using the same settings that you notice a bit of a differance, but at that nothing major. They are both voiced very much the same, being dark, low-mid accentuated amps.
Using either of these amps with an Orange 4X12 will give you Incredible bass. Great cab to be pairing with these amps, as are any cab that has V30's in it, as the high-mid spike in them really brings out the amps full sound. I'm going to be getting V30's in the next cab I buy because they sound so great with a 6505.
It'll do your chug, hardcore, and all that other stuff no problem
Quote by Musicman20
Yeah the extra EQ seems good...plus ability to have some nice cleans.

I DO want it to be able to produce nice warm and full distortion like more modern punk as well as some chuggy metal stuff.

I think id be after a proper SG when ive got the cash...
For you, I recommend the 6505+. That way you'll have the crunch channel for your punk stuff and the lead channel for your hardcore stuff. Both channels will have their own eq too so you won't get frustrated trying to find a common eq setting for both channels.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Thanks for the advice

I notice Bring Me The Horizon use both...one of each for each guitarist.

And boy are they HEAVY!
All That Remains and Killswitch Engage are pretty hardcore. So was Dick Dale back in the day.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."