Well I've done "what guitar" threads before. A lot of people have told me to go Jackson. Tried some Jacksons out and felt like I was in metal heaven. AWESOME guitars.

My question is which Jackson would fit my tastes best?

Mainly I enjoy metal, death metal, thrash metal, occasional hard rock.

Favorite bands are: Trivium, Death, Annihilator, Megadeth, Metallica, CoB, Pantera, Sepultura

Straying from those bands I also am a fan of: John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, ect. Pretty much those guitar virtuosos lol

A lot of people have said SL3 Soloist but then again I've had a lot of people go against that.

My budget is ABOUT (as in roughly) 1k-1.3k $
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Get a used USA model if you have that much cash.Upgrade the pups to your tastes later on if they don't do it for you.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Soloists are awesome for metal...and I do mean that in the most serious way.
you could also look into RR24, kelly or demmelition models if you want a whackier shape.
I've heard good things about the soloist.

I play a Ps-4 which has a great sound. I've also got my eye on the 'Snow white' - i havent played it but its a sexy looking guitar. Got the good ol' metal look to it too!!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Quote by gary666
I've heard good things about the soloist.

I play a Ps-4 which has a great sound. I've also got my eye on the 'Snow white' - i havent played it but its a sexy looking guitar. Got the good ol' metal look to it too!!

I do apologise, the guitar is just labelled as 'snow white' in my guitar shop. Its actually a Jackson RR24. The colour is snow white with black binding. Supersexy!
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Now I've actually been looking at the Demmelition

I LOVE the shape.

Let's compare that to the SL3 soloist in terms of performance....

Also isn't the demmelition a signature model.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Now I've actually been looking at the Demmelition

I LOVE the shape.

Let's compare that to the SL3 soloist in terms of performance....

Also isn't the demmelition a signature model.

Yeah, it's the Phil Demmel (of MachineHead) sig. Thus the name, Demmelition.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Last time I checked that wasn't a Jackson

Do you want actives or not? Because that makes a difference to what we recommend. But you can't really go wrong with a Soloist.

I'm really indifferent to actives or passive. W/e sounds the best imo.

Also how did I not know that was phil demmel's...

Thoughts on the demmelition? Compared to SL3 soloist?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Heard the demmelition is only good for low tunings. Any truth to that?

I usually stay in standard or drop d.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet

Does it have an extended scale? If not then it should do as well as any other 25 1/2" scale guitar with standard and drop D.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Does it have an extended scale? If not then it should do as well as any other 25 1/2" scale guitar with standard and drop D.

Hmm

I don't think so.

SO my big question is out of all the jacksons in my price range which is the best for what I'm looking for?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet

If you didn't know the demmelition comes set up in B tuning. So you'd have to have it setup and restrung to E or Drop D.

As far as pure heavy rhythm playing the Demmelition is pretty great. But it's not very versatile at all, mostly because of the EMG's. I think the Soloist is your best bet.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
If you didn't know the demmelition comes set up in B tuning. So you'd have to have it setup and restrung to E or Drop D.

As far as pure heavy rhythm playing the Demmelition is pretty great. But it's not very versatile at all, mostly because of the EMG's. I think the Soloist is your best bet.

Compared to all the jacksons in my price range?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Compared to all the jacksons in my price range?

I personally think you should look around on the used market.I've seen Jackson PC-1 models and other high end MIA Jacksons go for around the price you've listed.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I personally think you should look around on the used market.I've seen Jackson PC-1 models and other high end MIA Jacksons go for around the price you've listed.

Unfortunately used isn't an option for me atm. Long story but I can't go used lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Unfortunately used isn't an option for me atm. Long story but I can't go used lol.

Damn.I'd go for the Soloist then because of the added versatility of the pup combo and the more comfortable body.

Bodombullet if you like the demelition I say go for it.
its built for playing metal of the heaviest kinds and is MIA, plus it fits the budget more or less.
The scale is 25.5 if Im not mistaken so the neck will be jackson awesome for sure.
Quote by nido
its built for playing metal of the heaviest kinds and is MIA, plus it fits the budget more or less.
The scale is 25.5 if Im not mistaken so the neck will be jackson awesome for sure.

First off what does MIA mean again (missing...in...action?...?)

And then again I like versatility in my guitar even though I mainly play metal. I want to at least have a guitar than won't sound **** and at least pretty good when playing other styles.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
First off what does MIA mean again (missing...in...action?...?)

And then again I like versatility in my guitar even though I mainly play metal. I want to at least have a guitar than won't sound **** and at least pretty good when playing other styles.

Made in America. Personally I think don't think the demmelition will sound very good with other styles. My EMG's do the heavy stuff fine but even for dream theater tones they are lacking.

Go with a Soloist.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Hmm

I don't think so.

SO my big question is out of all the jacksons in my price range which is the best for what I'm looking for?

The soloist, King V, Warrior, and Kelly are all basically the same guitars.....

Meaning they come with the same equipment. Neck thru, passive pickups, 24frets, and an original Floyd Rose. Basically pick what shape you'd like to have the most. THe only real tonal difference would be that I've found the kelly to be a little darker and fatter sounding than a Soloist, due to the extra wood in the Kelly.

I'm a HUGE Kelly fan, they sound great and look incredible to me.

THe Roads model sucks IMHO. Eveyone and their donkey has an RR. Seriously, half the Jackson made are RR models it seems.... All models but one (IIRC) are 22 fret necks. That sucks just as bad as the shape and how they are overdone.

The handfull of signature models are hard to recommend. Almost all of them are basically just a slight variation of a production, Kelly, Warrior, Soloist, King V, RR. The Demmelition that people are mentioning is not a bad guitar, just a King V with EMG's and a small mod to the body. They are priced really well.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by nido

You should probably get your facts straight. Neither the SL3 nor the Demmelition are American made. They are both made in a factory in Japan. That being said, I still would recommend the Demmel.
Quote by CitizenErased78
You should probably get your facts straight. Neither the SL3 nor the Demmelition are American made. They are both made in a factory in Japan. That being said, I still would recommend the Demmel.

yeah thanks for correcting that, I knew it wasnt made in korea for sure though
Jackson RR1.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by RJF
THe Roads model sucks IMHO. Eveyone and their donkey has an RR. Seriously, half the Jackson made are RR models it seems.... All models but one (IIRC) are 22 fret necks. That sucks just as bad as the shape and how they are overdone.

There are more than one model with 24 frets - RR24, RR24M, JS30RR, and that's excluding the Stars series. Get your facts straight. What makes the shape 'bad'? And if the Rhoads shape is overdone then what is the Les Paul or Stratocaster?
RULE BRITANNIA
I'd go for the SL3or the RR series.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Yeah the soloist i think would be your best bet
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
There are more than one model with 24 frets - RR24, RR24M, JS30RR, and that's excluding the Stars series. Get your facts straight. What makes the shape 'bad'? And if the Rhoads shape is overdone then what is the Les Paul or Stratocaster?

IIRC, they don't make a USA select RR that is 24 frets. I know the JS is a Korean POS, and the other two are MIJ, one only having a bridge pickup correct?

Nothing "bad" about the roads shape. It's a little small though. I guess really I'm just jealous..... being a kelly guy, which is probably the least popular Jackson shape (well maybe the warrior is the most unpopular?) but, it seems the others almost live in a shadow compared to the Randy Roads model. Whenever there is Jackson thread lots of guys just get wet and sloppy over the Roads model for some reason. It has quite the following for some reason.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Last edited by RJF at Feb 9, 2009,
Quote by nido

It's actually MIJ, it's part of the Pro series.

Quote by RJF
IIRC, they don't make a USA select RR that is 24 frets. I know the JS is a Korean POS, and the other two are MIJ, one only having a bridge pickup correct?

Nothing "bad" about the roads shape. It's a little small though. I guess really I'm just jealous..... being a kelly guy, which is probably the least popular Jackson shape (well maybe the warrior is the most unpopular?) but, it seems the others almost live in a shadow compared to the Randy Roads model. Whenever there is Jackson thread lots of guys just get wet and sloppy over the Roads model for some reason. It has quite the following for some reason.

I agree that Jackson should make a 24 fret USA Rhoads. They'd make a killing. But then that would probably destroy their Custom Shop. Why spend $4000+ on a Custom Shop Rhoads that already has 24 frets when I can just get a USA Select for $2000?

And yes, Kellys are very underrated. I think you should post pics of your Marty Friedman Kelly in the Jackson thread sometime. Been dying to see it honestly.
Quote by Vittu0666
It's actually MIJ, it's part of the Pro series.

I agree that Jackson should make a 24 fret USA Rhoads. They'd make a killing. But then that would probably destroy their Custom Shop. Why spend $4000+ on a Custom Shop Rhoads that already has 24 frets when I can just get a USA Select for $2000?

And yes, Kellys are very underrated. I think you should post pics of your Marty Friedman Kelly in the Jackson thread sometime. Been dying to see it honestly.

I already did a while back I need to get a better picture of it anyway. Need to take some pics of my new KE2 custom!

You make a point about the custom shop, but on the other hand you'd think they'd make a killing on a USA select RR with 24 frets too.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by RJF
I already did a while back I need to get a better picture of it anyway. Need to take some pics of my new KE2 custom!

You make a point about the custom shop, but on the other hand you'd think they'd make a killing on a USA select RR with 24 frets too.

Yes, it would make a killing. Everywhere that you look, people want a 24 fret Rhoads with 2 pickups. If they made an RR1 with 24 frets, so many people would buy them.

To TS: Yeah, I'd say go with the Demmelition.