I've played the cutaway version before. It has a lot of presence and airy tone.

Best Buy carries Alvarez?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
The guitar will be the same quality as if you found it somewhere else. The Best Buy by my house carries some very nice Taylors and Martins along with some cheaper no name acoustics.
just so you know.

best buy has the worst prices on electronics.

look up any camera or small electric and you'll find the same one for $50 less on amazon.

just looking at their online prices, so far i see a Bjr amp for $599
and a Champ 600 amp for $260.

both about $70-100 over other online sites.

make sure you get the best price for your guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
just so you know.

best buy has the worst prices on electronics.

look up any camera or small electric and you'll find the same one for $50 less on amazon.

just looking at their online prices, so far i see a Bjr amp for $599
and a Champ 600 amp for $260.

both about $70-100 over other online sites.

make sure you get the best price for your guitar.

I know this, I won't pay for than 500 for that guitar because I can order one from another another guitar shop. They guarentee lowest price and if they don't cut it thats false advertising!
uh... well... here in Canada, they guarantee the best price...... when compared to other Nationally Advertised retail outlets. <--- That's the fine print.... and you have to take a copy of that advertising with you to get the price protection discount. I've generally found that means the don't match Internet pricing, but ...... as crappy as that sounds, I've also found that by the time you add shipping onto a product, there isn't that much difference. Sometimes there is though......
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Yeah, about 6 months ago, best buy expanded some of their stores to kind of have a mini-guitar-center style section.
There's a Future Shop (Canadian Chain that competes with BB) near here that has a big guitar section now. (South Edmonton Common).

It makes me wonder if the music store is the next family business to start dying off while overtaken by these mega stores.
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Some stores definitely won't be overtaken by the instrument mega stores. There's one here in Toronto that deals mainly high end guitars. By high end, i'm talking vintage gibsons, martins, fenders, Nationals, etc. They also get Santa Cruz, Collings, Lowdens, and other such high end manufacturers through their shop all the time.
Equipment:

Really...? Do you know the name of that shop offhand? I'm actually thinking of starting a vintage collection instead of RRSP's for retirement (seriously). I'd like to deal in Canada where possible. (I'm in Edmonton).

I'd like to see if the have a website etc.
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Quote by Milez5858
There's a Future Shop (Canadian Chain that competes with BB) near here that has a big guitar section now. (South Edmonton Common).

It makes me wonder if the music store is the next family business to start dying off while overtaken by these mega stores.

future shop is owned by best buy, and best started their musical instrument section probably about a year, year and a half ago in certain stores in california. Only certain stores in certain areas are getting musical instruments sections, according to clientel, proximity to competition and store performance. I actually got my squier tele, line 6 toneport, Seymour Duncan Qtr-pndrs and a few cables and accessories from best buy. Their selection isn't anywhere near as good as GC's, but they actually have quite a few things that I didn't see in the GC's near me recently, such as the Squier Thinline and the Duncan qtr-pndrs. They can special order just about any Fender and Gibson product being made right now, too.

I found that the staff at one of the stores near where I lived was much better than those at the Guitar Centers up there, the other best buy's staff was so-so. The GC down here in Peoria actually has a really good staff: they're cool people and they know their stuff. It really varies from store to store and Best Buy actually had some cool deals, like the Squier VM Tele was only $225 when I bought mine and I know they had a Kramer Focus strat copy for about $60 at one point and the Fender Champ 600 was on sale for about $170 last time I was in there.

Way I see it: you buy from Best Buy, Guitar Center or Sam Ash: that money goes to the same places, just different CEO pockets, but Best Buy treats their employees better than GC and Sam Ash, so, I'd rather give them my money. You buy the same things at a mom & pop shop, you generally spend 10-30% more on your gear, but you know exactly who is getting that money. Personally, I'm'a poor college kid, and ethics like that don't really cause me to lose sleep at night.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Milez5858
Really...? Do you know the name of that shop offhand? I'm actually thinking of starting a vintage collection instead of RRSP's for retirement (seriously). I'd like to deal in Canada where possible. (I'm in Edmonton).

I'd like to see if the have a website etc.

It's called The 12th Fret. I'll PM you their website.
Equipment: