My guitar progression

-----------------------------------------------Intro-----------------------------------------------

Well, I started playing guitar about 3-4 days ago. I'm going to be showing my progression by uploading all mp3s I think are worth. IE: just uploaded a simple scale. If you have a suggestion on what I should learn or do please please feel free to post it here.

-----------------------------------------------About-Me-----------------------------------------------

Name: Mitch

Gear: Jasmine Acoustic, Ibanez electric, Amp.

Recording stuff: Decent mic (with pink connector), Rockband mic, Laptop, N-track software. (If needed, I have a IMac with garage band).

Musical Background: Rockband

Favirote Genre: Rock, Old school rock, blues. I dont mind anything though, music is music.

Favirote band: Linkin park, Tool, The Carpenters, Breakin Benjamin.

Extra info: I'm very tech happy, I can normally figure out anything on the computer. I'm currently in school so I have ALOT of free time to spend.

-----------------------------------------------Goals-----------------------------------------------

My main goal is to have fun while making good music.

-----------------------------------------------Utilities-----------------------------------------------

Guitar.about.com
ultimate-guitar.com

Feel free to reccomend some

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also note to mods: This was the most fitting place i could find to put it, Please move it if it isn't in the right place.
Last edited by zern at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Benjami
-_-

Lol it was meant as a joke, but in all seriousness I'm amazing at rockband
Wait...December 05, and you're just now starting to play?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Wait...December 05, and you're just now starting to play?

Yeah, I was looking into guitar around that period, just started a few days ago though
linkin park and tool on the same list?... tisk tisk haha

Peavey 6505+
Les Paul Custom Silverburst

Tool 5/5/06
Tool 11/24/07
Tool 12/8/07
RHCP 4/28/07
RAtM 4/29/07
Black Label Society 3/7/09
Black Label Society 5/4/09
Metallica 12/7/09
Alice in Chains 2/8/10
Lamb of God 7/14/10
I suggest learning the 1-4-5 chords of the popular keys and learning the pentatonic scale and the 5 positions to play it.
For less than a week man not bad just keep it up. Work on your chromatic scales, using each finger evenly. Ensure each finger is close to the fret getting a nice clean sound out of it. Alternate picking is crucial as well. Every down pick, make the up pick on the next note.

Keep learning your scales but don't just skip around to random ones for the moment. Start with your major scales, then move onto your minors. Understand the intervals being used. This also goes with learning the notes of the fretboard.

Keep up the work man, welcome to guitar.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
You joined when you were 11?
Anyway www.justinguitar.com has some good lessons. Try learning to read notes at the same time you're learning tabs. It's a lot better than learning "Twinkle twinkle little star" when you've been playing for 2 years.

Also, youtube has good lessons for songs. I guess start out with the open chords, mainly A, C, D, E. With those you should be able to play simple songs, like the main riff of "Back in black."
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Anyway www.justinguitar.com has some good lessons. Try learning to read notes at the same time you're learning tabs. It's a lot better than learning "Twinkle twinkle little star" when you've been playing for 2 years.

Also, youtube has good lessons for songs. I guess start out with the open chords, mainly A, C, D, E. With those you should be able to play simple songs, like the main riff of "Back in black."

Listen to this man.

ANY self-thought guitar player would say that Justin is a good place to learn how to play guitar.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by akm_202
Listen to this man.

ANY self-thought guitar player would say that Justin is a good place to learn how to play guitar.

I'm a rather proficient guitarist, and UG was my main source.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
sorry dude, but this isn't the place - you've got a blog on your profile for a reason.

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
sorry dude, but this isn't the place - you've got a blog on your profile for a reason.

*reported*

Sorta funny, this isn't the place. Where else would you like me to post this. I'm under Guitar & Bass Basics and this does have to do alot with guitar basics, get out, your no help,

Quote by Psalm 150:4

No i didn't i was thinking about buying a guitar and learning to play then, I recently started. I also found justinguitar VERY helpfull, I'm loving the blues lessons atm, I just learned the 12 bar blues ect. Thanks for everyones support