I have recently bought an Ibanez Tube Screamer. I was wonder if the pedal will work with my Vox Valvetronix. Would the single tube work with the TS?

p.s. I ordered a TS, so I don't have it yet. I would also like if anyone can give me tips to get the best sound.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
A tube screamer will get you that great "light" distortion when used with any classic vintage style "heavy" amp. like a JCM900/800 or a Vox30
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
It's not a full tube amp.

edit: The TS is an 808
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
should be no problem at all
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
umm it will but it wont sound good
The TubeScreamer is an Overdrive it is meant to be used in tube amps NOT SS or Hybrid amps but you still can use it in your amp but it wont do anything good.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
good call on the 808, much warmer and more natural sounding than the TS9

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
umm it will but it wont sound good
The TubeScreamer is an Overdrive it is meant to be used in tube amps NOT SS or Hybrid amps but you still can use it in your amp but it wont do anything good.

It's called a tube screamer because it's suppose to have a great vintage tube sound, not because it's made for a tube amp. It would sound good with any amp provided the amp sounds good without it, regardless of it being SS or some sort of hybrid.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Feb 8, 2009,
^Thanks. You are pretty good help. I am looking to get a tube amp soon.
Quote by SlackerBabbath