i need help or advice on cause and solution for BAD fret buzz up to 5th fret on new guitar. it has an original fr on it and i tried retuning and the bridge is straight and level ,in tune and intonation seems o,k any help would be great
did you raise the bridge posts?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanx i actually never thought about the bridge posts ill give that a try ,as for the truss rod ,i;ve never tried to adjust one before ,is it hard to do ,or is it best to leave that to a guitar shop? i,m willing to try myself first any other advice?
It's not hard to do you just don't want to adjust it too much at a time--I would read an article on how to adjust it so you have a better idea on what your doing. I never turn mine more than a quarter of a turn to half a turn at a time, and if it doesn't want to turn don't force it, but turning it a little certainly shouldn't break your guitar

Basically, if you turn it clockwise it will tighten the trussrod and make your bow back more. If you turn it counter clockwise it will loosen the truss rod and make your neck bow forward more. It is good to loosen your truss rod a little if you have never adjusted one before to make sure it turns alright
just adjust the bridge.

post back if it doesnt get you low enough.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011