Now, before anyone freaks out I know this isn't optimal for drums especially using one mic. But I don't really want to pay more money for a good set up and I'm generally alright at bullcrapping things lol.

Anyway I tried recording some drums with the Toneport UX1 and it sounded pretty clear when I didn't run any equipment on the POD Farm. Would it be possible to EQ the drums sound and add reverb and such with the POD Farm? I would just try it out myself but I don't have drums at my house... Has anyone else tried this?
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
never technically tried it with POD farm in particular , but...

It will work.

That being said, its not going to be amazing by any means.
You can however, get it to sound kinda decent ok.

one mic recording on drums is hard work. Be prepared to jack aound with the eq ALOT.

Also change up the mic placement to see what works best. Do a mic on the other side of the room from the kit, put it pointing between the bass and snare, try an overhead, try pointing up in front of the bass drum, try behind the drummer (<- prolly won't work at all, but its still worth a shot).
Also, try using shells (aka whatever you can find to block sound: ply wood, pillows, people, whatever) to contain sounds and shape it a bit more.

Good luck man.

-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
never technically tried it with POD farm in particular , but...

It will work.

That being said, its not going to be amazing by any means.
You can however, get it to sound kinda decent ok.

one mic recording on drums is hard work. Be prepared to jack aound with the eq ALOT.

Also change up the mic placement to see what works best. Do a mic on the other side of the room from the kit, put it pointing between the bass and snare, try an overhead, try pointing up in front of the bass drum, try behind the drummer (<- prolly won't work at all, but its still worth a shot).
Also, try using shells (aka whatever you can find to block sound: ply wood, pillows, people, whatever) to contain sounds and shape it a bit more.

Good luck man.

-Ryan

Yeah I think we've gotten the one mic thing down. We've been experimenting with low budget for a long time lol. We find the shoe string trick for two mics to work just point it between both the kick and snare to even them out. Then hopefully some EQ work on POD Farm will help a bit.

Quote by doommaker
Check out the link in my sig for eq guides

Haha actually your thread is where i got the idea . Thanks.
Rock On

Quote by Shard Heilia
Nothing. Is Better. Than Guitar.

I Receive Nourishment From My Amplifier. Food Is For The Weak.

Quote by Thrace
Listen to Machine Head, you'll want to headbutt someone right in their pussy.
What I suggest is getting an analog mixer and running that to the inputs on the back of the interface. This will allow you to run two or more mics for the drums.

Bypass any FX given with the Toneport. The EQ and compressors in the higher end sequencers, (Sonar, Cubase, Reaper...) all sound much better than any of the cheap ones...
you should place the mic as close to your ears as plossible without having them in your way, as it'll get the most "natural" sound possible from only one mic
You like it