I'm currently restarting an old punk band. For a while many of the songs were mainly punk rock Offspring typed songs with a few poppier ones, with a bit of metal. Well due to heavy influences of other bands, my songs either fit into one of two catagories. Pop Punk or Punk Punk.

I write many songs Blink 182/Sum 41 styled, and many songs NoFx/Anti-Flag influenced. Instead of being in the middle, everything either comes out heavily poppy or heavily punk which makes for qutie a bit of inconsistency. It really sort of sounds like two different bands.

I really don't know how to fix this. I find both genres too limited for my song concepts, some things I just can't make sound poppy, some things I just can't make sound Punk. If anyone can give me some advice I'd be quite thankful.
quit it all and play metal, no genera disputes there...

really just write the songs the way they should sound to you and don't worry about genera
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Just try to find a comfortable combination of the two styles is the best advice I can can give. I'm sure there's a way to keep things poppy with a bit of an edge too. Look at Sum41's "Does This Look Infected?" for a good example of a previous "poppy" punk band that added a bit of a heavier sound.

Also, to the above poster, wtf is a "genera"?