im looking for a decent head thats around 100w but is valve/tube i was thinking about the peavey valveking ?

that kind of price range

cheeers
Quote by Wayfaerer
I finally got the solo to Leper Affinity down.

Afterwards I kinda felt like masturbating.

All i can really say is , laugh out fxcking loud.
wat kind of music do u play
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Gwynnell is right, you don't really ever need a 100w ever. I have a 50w valveking that sounds amazing, and is plenty for all the shows I've ever played. If the gig is too big to hear your amp from a distance it will be mic'd anyways.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by CemetaryGates90
Gwynnell is right, you don't really ever need a 100w ever. I have a 50w valveking that sounds amazing, and is plenty for all the shows I've ever played. If the gig is too big to hear your amp from a distance it will be mic'd anyways.

Agree again with the 100 watt statement. I don't know why Claudio Sanchez has a Triple Rec. I've played venues that hold people in the thousands, and couldn't turn my [dual rec] volume past 11 o'clock. Quite a bummer. For that price I'd definitely go with the Egnator Rebel.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Also, for that price range you will not find a good half stack.

Either save more or get a combo
Do you already own a cab? If you don't, then just look into combos. You'll get way more for your money.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Do you already own a cab? If you don't, then just look into combos. You'll get way more for your money.

According to his profile he has an avt cab.

I'd recomend selling that and the spider and get a decent combo
Quote by Gwynnell
According to his profile he has an avt cab.

I'd recomend selling that and the spider and get a decent combo

Agreed. That'll give him around $800 or $900 dollars (hopefully), which is a pretty good budget for a combo.
yeah i have an avt cab , sounds pretty sweet , i wanna ditch the spider , but i dont want a combo , i play metal core / deathcore , and my band is gigging/ supporting a group of 3 signed bands who we are in with so i want some real chunky but clear tone

cheers for your advice so far
Quote by Wayfaerer

Quote by dImEbAg_rOx
yeah i have an avt cab , sounds pretty sweet , i wanna ditch the spider , but i dont want a combo , i play metal core / deathcore , and my band is gigging/ supporting a group of 3 signed bands who we are in with so i want some real chunky but clear tone

cheers for your advice so far

Why don't you want a combo?

You can get much better combos in your budget than halfstacks in that budget.
oh yeah im in the UK so $ means nothing to me
Quote by Wayfaerer

because i already have a cab , and i like it . bit pointless having it around doing nothing.
Quote by Wayfaerer

Quote by Gwynnell
You really don't need 100 watt tube in any situation.

Clean headroom?

That's right
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Clean headroom?

That's right

thanks for backing me up , better be safe than sorry
Quote by Wayfaerer

Quote by dImEbAg_rOx
because i already have a cab , and i like it . bit pointless having it around doing nothing.

But you could sell it and get even more money so you can get an even BETTER combo, and your tone would be 10x better.
Quote by Yngwi3
Clean headroom?

That's right

+1. People use Dual Showmans for a reason.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
sorry i thought this thread was made to help me get the best head i could to the specifications i wanted.

not making me want a combo instead ,
Quote by Wayfaerer

What is your budget cap?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
no more than £300

not sure how many dollars that is these days
Quote by Wayfaerer

On Ebay, there is a 6505 head for $465, 316 pounds, it ends in 2 days. The 6505 seems up your alley, and it is 120W, plenty of headroom. For a good head, you'll need to push up your budget a tad.
Quote by chip46
were trying to help you, in that budget the combos are gonna be better than the halfstacks. if you dont wanna listen to us and you want to end up with a low end amp that doesnt sound good, go ahead.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by lespaul#1
On Ebay, there is a 6505 head for $465, 316 pounds, it ends in 2 days. The 6505 seems up your alley, and it is 120W, plenty of headroom. For a good head, you'll need to push up your budget a tad.

yeah thats like one of the amps i really wanted , but £300 is really pushing it as it is ,

im totally broke
Quote by Wayfaerer

Maybe get a job or save up more?
Quote by chip46
im guessing now would be a good time to mention im only 16 ,

dont think im spoilt just because im young though , my band is sharing stages with signed bands so i think i deserve a decent amp to be fair
Quote by Wayfaerer

It's cool, I'm 15, and plan on working to save up for an Epi/Gibson/Jackson/Ibanez/ESP/PRS.
Quote by chip46
yeah i should be getting a jackson randy rhoads pretty soon as well but that i will be working for myself
Quote by Wayfaerer

Just sell some gear you don't use, get a job, do something, 100-300 pounds could put you in the range of a used 6505 head.
Quote by chip46
cheers man i will probably just wait and do that i love the 6505 depending on how much stuff i can find to sell i may even get the 6505+

you have been very helpful , thanks a lot
Quote by Wayfaerer

No problem.
Quote by chip46
Considering the 6505 retails from £700-900 i doubt you'll find a used one for £300
As I said, there was one on Ebay for $465, which is 315 pounds. Also, he said he'd try and push it up a bit. How do you make the pounds symbol?
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
As I said, there was one on Ebay for $465, which is 315 pounds. Also, he said he'd try and push it up a bit. How do you make the pounds symbol?

Yeah but are Peaveys cheaper in the USA?
Probably, but, these Ebayers might ship to the UK.
Quote by chip46