Hey guys,

I've got a Vox AD50VT I no longer use. I've been trying to sell it for a while, I put it on Craigslist (can't ship), but no one bit.

I figure as long I have it, I should make use of it. Any ideas of how I can make use of it somehow? I've got my Rebel and Valveking, and the Vox is a good amp, I just don't know what I could do to make it useful for myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!
umm use it as a practice amp, door stop, foot rest, a BIG paper weight etc.......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I use an MG 15w for a stereo speaker.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 8, 2009,
you can give it to me...or hook it to your car stereo.

or feed it to your little sister..(Vox makes one tasty amp)
Quote by Tempoe
I use an MG for a stereo speaker.

i'm sure that's great sound quality.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
umm use it as a practice amp, door stop, foot rest, a BIG paper weight etc.......

The paper weight thing sounds like a good idea.

What about turning it into an 8 ohm cab? Would I be able to run it at the SAME TIME as my Valve Junior cab through my Rebel? It has 4, 8, and 16 ohm jacks. I emailed the guys at Egnater and they said it wouldn't be a problem to use two cabs at the same time through the different ohm outputs.
I'd buy it from you perhaps. I need a new amp, just got into a hard rock/thrash band.
Quote by Rogue Hermit
i'm sure that's great sound quality.

haha... no it sucks for that too, but it is just hooked up on top of the real speaker to replace one of my blown mids for now.
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by GNRjungle87

The paper weight thing sounds like a good idea.

What about turning it into an 8 ohm cab? Would I be able to run it at the SAME TIME as my Valve Junior cab through my Rebel? It has 4, 8, and 16 ohm jacks. I emailed the guys at Egnater and they said it wouldn't be a problem to use two cabs at the same time through the different ohm outputs.

Sounds like a good idea, try it out and tell us what it sounds like, could be really nice.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
Sounds like a good idea, try it out and tell us what it sounds like, could be really nice.

Any idea how I would go about doing that? The amp has an 8 ohm out for an external speaker on it.
You'd have to rewire the amp to speaker system to go from the speaker to the 8 ohm out. It's a pretty easy job, but easy to screw up with poor soldering skills.
Quote by guitarted
You'd have to rewire the amp to speaker system to go from the speaker to the 8 ohm out. It's a pretty easy job, but easy to screw up with poor soldering skills.

Oh boy...not so sure I want to do that then, lol.

Any other ideas of how I could make use of it?
I did this with my vox ad30vt when i was selling it.

Get an A/B/Y box, and split your guitar signal into the vox, and your other amp and run them at the same time.

Sounds great
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
I did this with my vox ad30vt when i was selling it.

Get an A/B/Y box, and split your guitar signal into the vox, and your other amp and run them at the same time.

Sounds great

I actually did this before and it sounded pretty good, maybe I'll try again. Thanks!
Quote by GNRjungle87
I actually did this before and it sounded pretty good, maybe I'll try again. Thanks!

no problem! I used my Visual sound H2O to split the signal as it has two outs, This worked great since it has stereo chorus! sounded amazing with both amps running the stereo chorus
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808