So, once the trem is as close to the body as it will go, is there any other way to get the action a bit lower?

Is it a bad thing to adjust the truss rod to lower action?
Yes, the truss rod is NOT an action adjuster.

If the truss rod is properly set up it will allow you to get a better action at the bridge and nut, but it is not an action adjuster itself.
If the bridge is against the body and the nut is not way too high the you may need to shim the neck if it is a bolt on. However if you way too much neck relief then the guitars action will suffer but you would need quite alot of neck relief for that to happen. The nut the bridge and the truss rod all effect how a guitar plays and need to be set up correctly so the guitar will play well.
click the green link in my sig.
make sure you adjusted correctly.

you start by adjusting the saddles, not the "trem."
(unless you mean the posts on a floyd)

then if needed, measure neck relief.

also, make sure the bridge is level and post back here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
click the green link in my sig.
make sure you adjusted correctly.

you start by adjusting the saddles, not the "trem."
(unless you mean the posts on a floyd)

then if needed, measure neck relief.

also, make sure the bridge is level and post back here.

Depends if its a floyd cause floyds raise all the saddles at once not individually if Im not mistaken.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
yeah with trem posts on either side. which is why i added that.

but u'd have to have some kind of messed up guitar to be at the bottom of any kind of trem and still have high action. so there's either a problem with what he's turning, the angle of his bridge, how his neck is sitting or it's relief.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011