Ive been playing a squier over 13 months now and all that im hearing coming from my kustom Tube 12a amp is pretty much a load of tat, so i think im in need for a new guitar. I would also like a new pedal a distortion/fuzz/sustainer pedal as my amp cant quite get the heaviest distortion i would like so i have a tough decision of gear choice. I tend to play mostly alternative rock/indie/punk/classic/blues

Another thing I want to spend only £200 or less i dont want to over spend on my second guitar.

So these are my ideas -

* Danelectro 59' + EHX double muff or dano cool cat fuzz
* Vintage v100 + EHX Double muff or dano cool cat fuzz or EHX little big muff
* Vintage vs6 + ProCo Rat or EHX Double muff or Dano Cool cat fuzz or EHX Little big muff

I need guidence on what to get or maybe some better recommendations. Thanks in advance!
So you want a guitar or pedals?

Id recommend getting a new amp if you dont like your tone.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
So you want a guitar or pedals?

Id recommend getting a new amp if you dont like your tone.

I want guitar + pedals and i only bought my amp about 8 months ago so i dont want to get a new amp. I know your amp contributes to most of you tone but the problem is i tend to get a lot of buzzing from my strat and a bland distortion when using it.
Its sounds like you want a guitar with humbuckers. Since you price range is so low its going to be hard to get a great guitar, but I highly recommend the Ibanez ART 120 but it is 269. Save up a little more . The ART is about the best guitar I have ever played for the money and I have been through my fair share of guitars.
joshuaestock.com
He's already got a tube amp, which is going to sound more like the guitar than other amps. So a squier isn't going to sound good through it. I don't know anything about the vintage guitars, but I would just go try them out and play them and pick the one that sounds and feels the best to you.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Don't go for a new ProCo Rat. They're kinda bad quality wise now, if you can get an older one from the 90's thats different.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
£200 is enough for a MIM strat i think...

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
£200 is enough for a MIM strat i think...

Nope new MIM strats cost nearly £300 and I preferably want a humbucking guitar. I want some sort of guitar which has a meatier sound and more sustain then a strat which practically has hardly any. And my squier doesnt sound the best.
what model squier do you have?

If you still like the guitar besides the sound, you can switch the pickups. Maybe a humbucker in the bridge, depending on the model.
Quote by Bling Dogg
what model squier do you have?

If you still like the guitar besides the sound, you can switch the pickups. Maybe a humbucker in the bridge, depending on the model.

I have an affinity but preferably i want to keep my squier as it is, i basically need a humbucking guitar which can take distortion well and has a good amount of sustain.