Ugh.. I am pissed.

I just got back from Guitar Center. I bought a Marshall MS-2 Microstack with my own money. I planned on using it with headphones when I didn't feel like using my regular amp or if I was writing down a tab (my computer isn't in my room.) I tried it without headphones, and it sounded pretty good. The gain went up with the volume, so the only good level was all the way up (there isn't enough gain when low volumes.) Then I tried it with the Sennheiser headphones I bought, and started playing. The clean was alright but got a little bit distorted at high volumes, and the overdrive sounded like ABSOLUTE CRAP. I swear it sounded that bad with the overdrive. It was even worse then Dimebag's tone. I couldn't find ANYTHING good out of it. Now I am going to return it and get my $40 back.

Don't buy that amp if you plan on using it with headphones.

I regret buying it. I just won't get a headphone amp at all and will just play unplugged when I don't feel like using my amp.

That pissed me off really badly.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
What do you expect? Most amps like that sound like crap.
Last edited by Mike! at Feb 8, 2009,
You expected way too much of it.

It's meant to be a piddly little practice amp, nothing more.

Get a roland microcube.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
the amPlug is better
+1 to Chrisphone
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I might just get a Microcube eventually.

I wanted something small that I could use with headphones and not have to plug in.

The MS-2 was just mediocore.

Lol Mike I am still going to get the JCM combo but I will buy it with the money I get from selling my MG.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Its good for what it is meant for, you can just shove it in a rucksack if you're going away for a few days. Though I was also thoroughly dissapointed with the tone and it sits on my desk as a sort of novelty.
People I know that I couldn't expect much out of it, but with the headphones, it just sounds way too bad.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43