My mate has a Dean Dime-O-Flage like this one: http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/4/4/440344.jpg

After about two months, cracks appeared both sides of where the neck joins the body, so he took it back, the guys at the shop had a look at it and gave him a new one. The thing is, the same thing has happened again- has this happened 2 anyone else?

Should he get another one, or get his money back..?
Get his money back and get another guitar. The quality of production and craftsmanship must be pretty poor.

OR

He's doing something that damages it.
@ Nilpferdkoeng - whats wrong with them?

@ Mazzakazza- I dont think he does anything out of the ordinary- same gauge strings as the factory, no stupid tricks when on stage or owt...he even tells me he kisses it goodnight lol

what do you recon as a replacement guitar for about £220?
Last edited by bjh345 at Feb 8, 2009,
For me, it's a moral thing.
Dean rapes Dimes name, hence while Mr. Dean left the company.
I think that the guitars look like utter ass too, it's just unbareable.
Besides, a 220 Pound Dean isn't a very good guitar.
If the shape was very important to your friend he should just get it again but I'd check out the brand "Vintage". He'd have to conform to a Strat or Les Paul shaped guitar though.
I agree with you there- a cheap dean wont be too good...

Hows about epiphone, BC rich, Jackson or Ibanez?
Last edited by bjh345 at Feb 8, 2009,
A cheap dean won't be great. If it has Dime's name on it that's like cutting the quality of the guitar in half and doubling the price.

Get his money back, then have him try other guitars and see what he likes. Keep in mind that cheap B.C. Riches have a pretty bad rep as well. Any cheap ibanez with an edge 3 bridge will wear out and the bridge will become unstable.
hey im his m8
pac_man0123 what about jacksons
i think i will tack it back but i have a gig coming up in march and my only over guitar is a cruser by crafter and dont fancey using that
i am only 17 so dont have any money and still paying off my dean
so need a gd guitar for £100-£250 ish
i prefer mettel style guitars what whould you advise. cose was looking at ibanez but what bout jacksons
Quote by wookiee-man
hey im his m8
pac_man0123 what about jacksons
i think i will tack it back but i have a gig coming up in march and my only over guitar is a cruser by crafter and dont fancey using that
i am only 17 so dont have any money and still paying off my dean
so need a gd guitar for £100-£250 ish
i prefer mettel style guitars what whould you advise. cose was looking at ibanez but what bout jacksons

Jackson makes good guitars as well. At that price i'd say to avoid any kind of tremolo bridge. As long as you get one without it, any ibanez or jackson in that price range should be a very good guitar and last you a while if you take care of it.
The guitar is made out of basswood, which is a very soft wood (and probably a very cheap piece of it). I'm not surprised that it's prone to splitting.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
it turnes out it is just a crack in the lacker nd all gd
just to let you all know nd i have fell in love with it agen