earlier this morning, a chunk of ice feel off the roof of my house onto my friend's car's back windshield, smashing it. is my landlord responsible for paying for this? we never really asked him to remove the ice (we took care of big icicles ourselves) but he never did anything to try and remove it.

isnt a landlord responsible for keeping the house and property safe for tenants?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Well, you didn't do anything to try and remove it either, now did you?
666 BRO
It's gravity's fault.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
It's your friend's fault for parking his car under icicles.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i don't think your landlord can be held responsible. it isn't his fault that there is ice on the roof or wherever. i don't think he is required to remove ice from the building.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
It's gravity's fault.

this. Although it's no help to your question
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
By decent human standards, no i wouldn't blame him. But im sure you could find more than a couple of jurisdictions that could force him to pay for the damage. Seriously though, don't be a dick, accidents happen.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Your friends insurance should cover it, hope he has full coverage
Yeh, ask insurance company.

Its doubtful you can blame him, i mean he couldnt really do much.
accident claims like this are the reason human society is going to die as judge judy slowly takes over our television due to the ever increasing amount of claims and lawsuits, forcing us to claw our eyes out and pop our ear drums in the ever-increasing madness we have created for ourselves.
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by alphasignal
accident claims like this are the reason human society is going to die as judge judy slowly takes over our television due to the ever increasing amount of claims and lawsuits, forcing us to claw our eyes out and pop our ear drums in the ever-increasing madness we have created for ourselves.

What?
Quote by alphasignal

Sorry mate, what?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
He says that because of the increase in idiotic cases on Judge Judy, humanity is slowly dying out because people don't know how to let **** go.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
You're what's wrong with America if you sue him.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Sleaze Disease
It's gravity's fault.

Yeah, blame that Newton guy.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Kankuro
Well, you didn't do anything to try and remove it either, now did you?

if we remove the ice and took off half the roof by accident, then we would be resonsible for the damage to the house.

also, its a one lane driveway right between two houses. there is no choice, but to park underneath the icicles.

Quote by AStrangleHold
You're what's wrong with America if you sue him.

i suppose im asking if its the landlords responsibility to remove ice. our landlords are lazy and dont do anything. if its common practice for landlords to remove ice, and if thats his responsibility, then he would be liable for it.

but im not sure if it is his responsibility to do that, so im asking if it is.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Feb 8, 2009,
He's probably got one of those "vehicles are left here at the responisibility of the owners, the land lord can not be held liable for any damage to vehicles left here" signs.
So theres not a lot you can do.
its a Natural accident :S
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
If you sue your landlord, enjoy living on the streets.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
It's gravity's fault.

I blame Isaac Newton!
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
It's an act of god. Your landlord does not have to remove ice - besides you never asked him too, how was he supposed to know it was there? Just claim it on vehicle or building insurance. It'll be one or the other.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
giant icicles on the roof means the gutters are sh*t and need replacing. so maybe
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
really i dont think its worth getting on your landlords badside nor is it even decent blaming him for something that isnt really his fault. but legally, im not sure
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by Rankles
It's an act of god. Your landlord does not have to remove ice - besides you never asked him too, how was he supposed to know it was there? Just claim it on vehicle or building insurance. It'll be one or the other.

mhm, unless it was specified in the lease somehow, i can't see how it's the landlord's fault. Also, if you'd previously spoken to the landlord about the ice's danger etc, it may have made your claim somewhat valid.

Going through insurance probably isn't the greatest idea though, or at least it's worth looking at if/how much your rates will go up if he claims this. Most young, male drivers get screwed on insurance rates. I don't know much about it though? Sorry good luck with it
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Sue nature.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If it's his responsibility it will say in your contract, so there would be a good place to start.

I doubt he will have to pay though, because you hadn't mentioned it to him previously, also your friend isn't a tennant at the property so the property won't be insured for his car to be there, think he's going to have to claim on his own insurance.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
It's probably your friend's responsibility to consider more carefully where he parks his car.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Demons&Wizards
yeah because he controls gravity

Because I said he did.

This is the Pit don't expect serious answers.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Okay. Next plan of action: sue the landlord, for not removing the icicle; sue your friend, for parking under an icicle; sue the icicle, for falling; sue your friend's car, for refusing to move after being parked under an icicle; and sue gravity, for forcing the icicle to fall.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by shredmeiser101
giant icicles on the roof means the gutters are sh*t and need replacing. so maybe

there are no gutters on our house....

its a college house btw so we arent going to invest any money into it

Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's probably your friend's responsibility to consider more carefully where he parks his car.

there is no place else to park. its a one lane drive way and since i live in upstate new york we get dumped with snow and arent allow to park on the roads overnight.

we arent going to sue our landlord or anything, but we are just going to have him remove ice once a week or so now. one icicle hit the side mirror, and a chunk the size of a cinder block hit the back windshield. if someone was in the back seat, going to the car, or backing out, it could have been game over for them...
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by Sleaze Disease
It's gravity's fault.

well, this aside

Ask a lawyer or someone like that
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.