Has anyone else heard of these guitars? I went to my local shop in boston and my friend working there showed me a Campbell American Precix and this thing kicked the **** out of my ears.

Anyone think these are worth the money? (It's all hand-made so they get pricey)
Link me.

I'll take a look at them if you provide the link.

I have never heard of them though.

When you say they kicked the **** out of your ears... is that a good thing, like beautiful sounding, or like... screechy, horrifying, etc.? I assume it's a good thing, seeing as they are hand-made...?
I've heard of them, but I haven't tried them. A shop I was in last time I was in London had several in stock, but they were already getting pissed off with everything I'd already tried, plus I was in a rush anyway, so I didn't get a chance to try them, unfortunately. They're meant to be nice, but other than that, I've got nothing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've heard of them, but I haven't tried them. A shop I was in last time I was in London had several in stock, but they were already getting pissed off with everything I'd already tried, plus I was in a rush anyway, so I didn't get a chance to try them, unfortunately. They're meant to be nice, but other than that, I've got nothing.

We know they're elusive and rare when Dave himself has never tried them!

Just kiddin', buddy... I dunno if that was a compliment.

Assume it was.
Sorry guys, I logged out before anyone had a chance to answer. Here is the company website.
http://campbellamerican.com/

also, here is a video of some guy playing on a Campbell UK-1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB82T3-wb78

and when I said it kicked the **** out of my ears, I meant that it was LOUD. This thing had ridiculously high output and sustain. It was LOUD plain and simple. And the neck was one of the best I've ever played (although I have only been playing for about 2.5 years so take it for what it's worth) The Precix I mentioned in my original post has a serial number of 0030001 meaning it is the first precix guitar ever.
Hmm, I really like the look of the Precix, the FuZix-1 and the UK-1. The others are iffy.

Precix takes the cake though. That is sexy.

How much are they?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Hmm, I really like the look of the Precix, the FuZix-1 and the UK-1. The others are iffy.

Precix takes the cake though. That is sexy.

How much are they?

the precix I saw at the store was 1999.99 but that was inflated because of the fact that it was the first one made. and I've seen the prices online vary from 899.99 to 1600
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
We know they're elusive and rare when Dave himself has never tried them!

Just kiddin', buddy... I dunno if that was a compliment.

Assume it was.

to be fair, i mean "rare for round here"- plenty of things which might be rare in the USA can be pretty common in the UK, and vice-versa.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My guitar teacher has many custom guitars from Campbell. The things are beastly. Tone for days, built like a tank, very comfortable. Really, if you have the money, it's worth it.
I'm going back to the store soon and If i can get them to lower the price a little i'll buy it. thanks guys!
Quote by Dave_Mc

to be fair, i mean "rare for round here"- plenty of things which might be rare in the USA can be pretty common in the UK, and vice-versa.

If you want to try it, the website has a list it's dealers and an look at.are a few in the UK you
yeah, i know, but they're all in england, wales or scotland. i'm in northern ireland, across the water, which makes it a pain (not to mention expensive) to get anywhere on the mainland. it'd be a bit like my telling you there was a dealer in alaska or hawaii (though obviously england's not anywhere near as far from ireland as that, but i still have to jump on either a plane or a boat).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i know, but they're all in england, wales or scotland. i'm in northern ireland, across the water, which makes it a pain (not to mention expensive) to get anywhere on the mainland. it'd be a bit like my telling you there was a dealer in alaska or hawaii (though obviously england's not anywhere near as far from ireland as that, but i still have to jump on either a plane or a boat).

Oh sorry friend. I should have checked the location next to your name. By the way I had the chance to play the Precix and the UK-1 models and they were a blast to play. If you ever get the chance again, you should absolutely take it. They feel perfect in your hands and they practically play themselves. If they weren't so damn expensive I would have one already haha.
no worries. I'll try them the next time i see them, don't worry, i actually meant to try them the last time i saw them but ran out of time...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?