Quote by The Kreator
My favorite album of theirs is From These Wounds.

+1

Pendulum is one of my all time favourite doom songs
hahah, ironic considering From These Wounds copped so much criticism. Tragedies is a brilliant album though

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
[fanboy="#yes troll=5pt"]
[title]Some old band that used to be alright[/title]
[body]i discovered this band about a week ago and I have a wank to them every day. currently my favorite band[/body]
[/fanboy]
[/troll]
Shadilay.
Last edited by morbid_death at Feb 9, 2009,
I Like the new one... very HEAVY and depressing... i like a lot
"We carry death out of the village!"
YESSSSSSSS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE PICKED UP ON THIS

wtffffff

so far I've only gotten Tragedies but been listening to it frequently for like a year or two... mentioned them randomly as well... really gotta check out their other albums
I've only heard the newest album, since I only picked up on Doom metal like 2 months ago, but I love it. Such a dark atmosphere, but still very melodic.

Apparently the singer used to do grunts, but switched on the album before As The Light Does the Shadow? It works for him. Favourite songs of the newest album are The Will To Die and In The Fathoms of Wit and Reason, with guest vocals by Rob Lowe.

So what album would you say I should hear next, From These Wounds?
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
yeah if you want to progress, if you want to hear rather ... darker -well so far from these wounds isnt that great to me, I am really liking As Light Does The Shadow however-
then get Tragedies just to hear his grunts/female vox/violins

its epic ****
Ja Føkk
Gibson 1972 SG Pro T-Top Bridge, P90 Neck
Dean DBD T ML
Jackson JS30RR EMGs 85-81
Epiphone G-400 Goth
76 Mann Les Paul Custom
Fender f-230 Accoustic
Randall RG-180 DX
Line6 Spider III HD75 Head - Behringer 412
Saving for a Marshall JCM 800.
Getting Tragedies next. It sounds more interesting! So would this band classify as Funeral Doom?
Quote by Tompa87
So would this band classify as Funeral Doom?

Quote by Tompa87
I've only heard the newest album, since I only picked up on Doom metal like 2 months ago, but I love it. Such a dark atmosphere, but still very melodic.

Apparently the singer used to do grunts, but switched on the album before As The Light Does the Shadow? It works for him. Favourite songs of the newest album are The Will To Die and In The Fathoms of Wit and Reason, with guest vocals by Rob Lowe.

So what album would you say I should hear next, From These Wounds?

It's basically all clean-sung, which is a major plus for me- I love clean sung doom.
Quote by Lappo

Haha I only just realised how stupid it looks to ask if a doom metal band named Funeral would be considered Funeral Doom . Apologies! I'm just a doom metal noob
Old stuff is ok, new stuff is too saccharine for me.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Bump for epic band. First three albums are some of the best Funeral Doom albums out there. Tragedies is just crushing!
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

dunno 'bout crushing but certainly depressing
I like the clean sung albums as well given I'm sick of the ****ing falsetto or whatever
I rarely get to hear the lower pitched cleans haha
I meant crushing in a depressing way. I'd consider it to be their first funeral doom album; Tristesse is more of a deathdoom album with more emphasis on the doom.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

I meant that as far as deathdoom goes, it's more on the doomy side of the genre.
Glance into my eyes
Burning, -

great band, definitely bump-worthy
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat