Page 1 of 2
Just to see how good your ears are.

I want to see if you can tell which amp is which.

My #1, had a minor problem, but I couldn't get it fixed before practice. I used an Marshall MG 50 DFX on 2 of the mp3s in my profile. Which two are they?
And there are a million reasons why such threads are useless.

A) There's no telling what you used to record the clips, and rec. equipment has a huge effect on tone.
B) There's no telling what kind of post-rec EQs you used.
C) Dynamics are the true measure of the difference between amps.
D) Nobody cares.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
You are just asking for a flaming, much larger than any flame shield can handle. Enjoy your current feeling of self-worth now while you can
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Just gonna play his game and take a guess... New reception?
LTD EC-500 - 18v mod
Roland Cube 30
DigiTech RP-7 Valve Guitar Preamp/Multi-Effects Processor
Quote by theoreticmusic

A) There's no telling what you used to record the clips, and rec. equipment has a huge effect on tone.
D) Nobody cares.

+10000
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by theoreticmusic

D) Nobody cares.

this basically
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by theoreticmusic

D) Nobody cares.

exactly.

also

E) I always get them wrong.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i listened to two of your mp3's and the mixing was so terrible that i couldn't even tell what was going on, just sounded like drums and mumbling.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I'll play the game instead of just being another asshole who needs to shout the rules every five minutes and isn't a moderator

Whether or not these are or aren't the MGs, I still dislike the tones on these.

#2 and #4 (Oh No Please!!! and New Reception)

Not saying #3 or #5 sound much better but those two sound thinner then 3 and 5 to me (Plastic People and Hey Baby)
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Last edited by Brian 1.0 at Feb 8, 2009,
I could barely hear the guitar on any of them and they all sounded pretty poor, so I have no idea.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS................... THIS THREAD IS NAO ABOUT HAMSTERS
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Awwwww that's a cute one!

Let's name him....(her??)!!
Quote by Retro Rocker
MG's are shit, nothing will change that.

i hate this site

there's so much snobbery on it. mg=practise amp. it does what a practise amp is suppose to do like the crush 15 and the fender frontman but they dont get as much a rap on this so just stop following the crowd and make ur own decision you twat!

RANT OVER!
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
Quote by gnr2206
i hate this site

there's so much snobbery on it. mg=practise amp. it does what a practise amp is suppose to do like the crush 15 and the fender frontman but they dont get as much a rap on this so just stop following the crowd and make ur own decision you twat!

RANT OVER!

Fail.

And if you hate the site, LEAVE.
Quote by gnr2206
i hate this site

RANT OVER!

Frontman is 500x better because you just replace the speaker and get some pedals for it and it sounds good. Anything else sounds like **** with pedals.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Fail.

And if you hate the site, LEAVE.

oh **** up you idiot
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Quote by theoreticmusic

the truth.......
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Frontman is 500x better because you just replace the speaker and get some pedals for it and it sounds good. Anything else sounds like **** with pedals.

yeah i have a frontman too. its quite similar to the mg
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

at the very least you could have spelled PRACTICE right
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by gnr2206
i hate this site

RANT OVER!

Funny, I didn't know that 100 watt half stacks were called "practice amps" these days. I guess I'm out of the loop

Oh, and the Crush and FM don't get as much hate because they're not as popular, not because they suck less.
Quote by schecter ftw
Don't be mad you got pwnt by him.

nice photo on ur page lol!
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Quote by gnr2206
i hate this site

RANT OVER!

Yeah I love my 100W half stack practice amp too <3

The reason they get so much rap, is because they're very overpriced, and not real Marshall's, which merely tricks newbies into bying them when they could get much better items for the same price.
I had an hamster a while ago, but he died I don't know how, was kinda sad, I dug a hole in my backyard, and when I was at it, I burried my MG with it, then I realised that in the end his dead was useful
OMFG! The first one "I've got" is leet. It is like the same chord over and over and then poing poing poing poing poing. All the rest just sound like ****, learn to sing.

But back on topic, Hamsters are awesome
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by which ones pink
Funny, I didn't know that 100 watt half stacks were called "practice amps" these days. I guess I'm out of the loop

Oh, and the Crush and FM don't get as much hate because they're not as popular, not because they suck less.

obviously its not a practice amp lol
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Gnr2206=epic Fail

BTW Hamsters are rad little dudes
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Feb 8, 2009,
My mp3 was recorded with a Boss GT-8 because of time restraints....

I make no bones about it sounding quite lame - yet it sounds much better than any of your mp3s.
this thread is now spam, and I would advise all of you to cease posting herein.

reported.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

lets name thin little guy VYPYR or SPIDER
feel free to add me
Quote by schecter ftw
And whats so funny about my photo...???

Quit paying attention to that guy, dude. He's being an idiot, he's been reported, and he'll likely have a warning or ban once a mod gets back. Just ignore him.

Anyway: I suspect, TS, that you're just trying to advertise your tracks. I'm not listening anyway. MGs are retarded amps, and from the look of your gear, your multi-effects is the source of your tones, not your amps. So the differenc could be made negligble.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Feb 8, 2009,
His tone doesn't suck, it's just not the best guitar tone you can imagine.

I'm gonna take a stab and say #2 and #3 were the MG, but the other MP3's had a very similar sounding guitar tone... like identical.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Page 1 of 2