my bluesey rig (epi les paul > ts9 > fender champ 600) needs some attention,

i was thinking of a reverb pedal. .any recommendations?

maybe a compressor? any reccomendations? is it really worth it as i dont realy see the point in them . . . (yet)

any other pedals or things? its my bluesey rig mainly for blues (duh!) and general clean- low gain stuff (from srv-pink floyd)

also how about a rat 2 pedal? do they sound good with bass too?

thakns a lot guys!

Henry
Boss CS-3 is a decent compressor pedal as far as I can tell. I didn't really know what they did, but I picked up mine free off a mate and you can tweak your sound nicely. It just gives you a bit more control.

^ Big Muff as well. Can't go wrong.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
I like my Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb. Also if you can find any pedals by zVex, they're awesome.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by Bumcivilian
Boss CS-3 MXR Dyna Comp or Super Comp is a decent compressor pedal as far as I can tell. I didn't really know what they did, but I picked up mine free off a mate and you can tweak your sound nicely. It just gives you a bit more control.

also, look into tremolo pedal maybe for that pulsey-bluesy sound. maybe the catalinbread semaphore? or even a chorus for some sparkle (homebrew electronics chorus perhaps)

edit: and if we are going to go into fuzz'es......if you want a gilmour sound, that is a silicon fuzz. the big muff is great for that, and the catalinbread V8 is also great, although a different type of sound (very wide-open fuzz).

and yes, zvex pedals are amazing...they just are a little high on the $$$ side.

doubledoseofedit: for "WTF" a great phaser is the HBE psilocybe (that isnt spelled right, but it is their phaser). it take the standard phase 90 tone, and gives you more options and tweakable features.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Feb 8, 2009,
REVERB : EHX Holy Grail XO
CHORUS: EHX Small clone
OD: Marshall BluesBreaker II
DELAY: MXR Carbon Copy
PHASER??? : MXR Phase 90
COMPRESSOR: MXR DynaComp
DISTORTION/FUZZ: EHX USA Big Muff Pi
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
REVERB : EHX Holy Grail XO
CHORUS: EHX Small clone
OD: Marshall BluesBreaker II
DELAY: MXR Carbon Copy
PHASER??? : MXR Phase 90
COMPRESSOR: MXR DynaComp
DISTORTION/FUZZ: EHX USA Big Muff Pi

I agree with all of that but, if you can, check out the Xotic AC Booster instead of the BluesBreaker II. I have one, and it works AMAZINGLY with my TS-9. Definitely worth a look if its not out of budget.
If you don't see the point why the hell would you want one ?

Save up the cash, best thing you can do when you don't know what you want.

Try getting a cab for your champ, like a 1*12 or a 2*10, you would get a much better range of sound, the tiny 8'' won't give you that, nice overdrive pushed through decent cabs are always satisfactory beyond reason.

After that you could consider a fuzz for leads, reverb pedals ain't never been that useful, cranked amps don't need them, too much headroom the sound gets lost, live-talking, under studio situations it's different, but who can afford to play mostly in studios ? Consider analog delays, the less expensive being the carbon copy by mxr, way more dependable, and also, forget digital delays, these are better turned OFF than anything else, coming from someone with a boss dd-6.

A compressor wouldn't be much useful either, because your kind of amp really shines when turned all the way up, then drive-controlled by your guitar's master volume, the comp would be good with a clean amp like a twin reverb, but when your amp'S already all the way up the signal muddies up.

Try 'em still, maybe you'll find something I couldn't notice along the way.

P.-S. You could try a chorus pedal, they're lovely tools with light drive/clean amps, as yours.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
I have been wanting to get a cab for my fender champ for ages. . . but no-one seems to do 4 ohm cabs,

if you can recommend me some cabs i wld definetly check them out and probably buy one.

just rememerb i live in the Uk when posting links etc.
new pickups for your epiphone les paul maybe?

it makes such a big difference!

my epiphone had a horrible tone before i got my seymour duncans, and now i can do anything from blues to metal!
MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremelo, Analogman CompROSSor or MXR '76 Re-Issue MXR DynaComp, EHX Small Stone Phaser...
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
What is it with people always saying "my b-day is coming up, im gonna get cash!".

But instead of whining on people getting free cash, im gonna suggest a Holy Grail.