I'm a shredder, more specific, 80s hair band shredder and am about to have my first practice with my new band. We are going to play 70s rock up through todays stuff, like shinedown and tokio hotel. But, we are keeping the 80s hair metal in there too. I am looking at the zakk wylde wah, but was wondering if any of you have any insight into the tone on certain pedals? I don't want an original crybaby because I believe they are too high pitch. I have read the zakk pedal is a lower tone and I love his sound. Anyone want to chime in that's using a bad horsie or other pedal? Thanks in advance.
80's glamrocker & proud of it!
-Gear-
Ibanez - (2) RG560's, Ibanez X & RBM1
Ovation Acoustic/Electric Cutaway
Marshall AVT100 (practice amp)
Marshall Haze 40
Zakk Wylde Wah, EVH Phase90, Xotic BB Preamp, Black Label Chorus
^pick one
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dunlop Crybaby from HELL
Dunlop Crybaby Q
Morley Bad Horsie I/II
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by loaded6string
I'm a shredder, more specific, 80s hair band shredder and am about to have my first practice with my new band. We are going to play 70s rock up through todays stuff, like shinedown and tokio hotel. But, we are keeping the 80s hair metal in there too. I am looking at the zakk wylde wah, but was wondering if any of you have any insight into the tone on certain pedals? I don't want an original crybaby because I believe they are too high pitch. I have read the zakk pedal is a lower tone and I love his sound. Anyone want to chime in that's using a bad horsie or other pedal? Thanks in advance.

You are a stupid piece of ****.
Randy Rhoads - I Don't Want To Stop Here. You Know?
Quote by OffTheScales

NO FLAMING
*reported*
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by OffTheScales

And so are you. Reported.

TS: Try the Zakk Wylde wah before you buy it. Some people love it, some people hate it. That's pretty much how it is with all wahs. All preference!
he weepin demon is a pretty sweet pedal I have one and as for style me and you are in the same boat. The demon has a range selector that says low or high and you can really shape the color of the wah with the eq on the pedal.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
i wouldn't go with the weeping demon, because it's all digital and if it breaks, there is nothing you can do about it but buy a new one, whereas a crybaby, vox, budda, hiwatt, etc, can be repaired easily by you or someone at the guitar store.

I'd say get a used Crybaby or a Vox wah and mod it to your specs. if you go with the crybaby, get the older ones. especially if you're buying the standard, because they have really gone down sound-wise since the mid nineties.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i wouldn't go with the weeping demon, because it's all digital

err its analog
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I would go weeping demon or bad horsie. Phenomenal pedals
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
try out the Dunlop 535Q. it's a very versatile wah. it can get you many tones.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
err its analog

err, what exactly makes it analog? there are no pots on the pedal, there isn't even a switch under the pedal. IMO, the Tonelok as a whole are not that well made. i had a TS7 for about a week before it crapped out on me.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
i suggest the bad horsie ll
or the crybaby 535Q
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
The Zakk Wylde Wah has an extra fazel in it which gives it a thicker sound. It's pretty cool.

The Vox wah is a really solid wah too, but my favorite is the Slash model CryBaby. It's got twice the power of the other Wahs (18v as opposed to 9v,) and a switchable distortion circuit that's just kick a$$.

Try out as many as you can is my advise though.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
just to put in my 2 cents... I like the Slash wah...it is very "tweakable" to the sound you want with 3 trim pots under the bottom cover plate, I believe, Bass, Treble and High.