orange ppc412

the actual oranges are wayyyy too expensive lol, im probally gonna go with an avatar, so just to make sure is there anything else that sound like an orange cabinet??

thanks
^buy an Avatar/Marshall cab with vintage 30's
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^buy an Avatar/Marshall cab with vintage 30's

hahaha, marshall werent much cheaper lol, ya i was thinkin an avatar with the vintage 30s but i was also gonna look into different types of speakers since i dont know much about speakers but, eh

anything besides avatar?
Quote by eberg2
hahaha, marshall werent much cheaper lol, ya i was thinkin an avatar with the vintage 30s but i was also gonna look into different types of speakers since i dont know much about speakers but, eh

anything besides avatar?

you could check Ebay/craigslist for used 2x12 cabs
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you could check Ebay/craigslist for used 2x12 cabs

i like 4/12 punch, and there isnt much in the pittburgh craigslist that is as cheap as the avatar, the avatar would be like 550 maybe 600 with speakers, and on craigslist the best looking thing was a used marshall 1960 cab with a decent amount of damage to it mostly cosmetic thoe, and i found this sonsetbeach thing on ebay that i was lookin into

Quote by Skierinanutshel
yea, i agree with WTF. look for a PPC used if you can. however, avatar cabs have basically all the same specs as the PPC cabs, but just have a different logo.

ya ive looked used and no oranges

so once againa anything besides avatar?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
make it yourself?

get some birch plywood, buy some vintage 30's, and wire it all up. buy some tolex off ebay (or wherever you buy tolex......) and bada-bing-bada-boom you have yourself a cab.

ahahahahahha, since you dont know me its only funny to me, but i absoloutely suck at building things

i ****ed up salt shakers in woodshop lol, i tried building a skateboard ramp and screwed that up ahahaha im not even gonna attempt something with electronics in it lol,
the only electronics in cabs are the wiring from the speaker to the input....so it is basically the same soldering that is involved in making an instrument cable.

also, mesa cabs are of good build quality (from what i know), so maybe look into them? all you really want is a solidly build cabinet, because you can do a speaker sway easily.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
make it yourself?

get some birch plywood, buy some vintage 30's, and wire it all up. buy some tolex off ebay (or wherever you buy tolex......) and bada-bing-bada-boom you have yourself a cab.

Unless that is a joke, that is terrible advice.

75% of a cabs sound is how it is built - if you get it wrong - put some great speakers in - still sounds like crap on wand.
Quote by davedoom

75% of a cabs sound is how it is built - if you get it wrong - put some great speakers in - still sounds like crap on wand.

+90002.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by davedoom

well, duh. crappy build = crappy tone. i wasnt saying build the cab crappily lol. if you get good quality parts and wood, and do a good job of building it, it should sound decent in the end.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, duh. crappy build = crappy tone. i wasnt saying build the cab crappily lol. if you get good quality parts and wood, and do a good job of building it, it should sound decent in the end.

Ifs, ands, nors, fors, and buts.

There are too many variables involved for an unskilled craftsman to reliably make a high-quality guitar cab.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic

There are too many variables involved for an unskilled craftsman to reliably make a high-quality guitar cab.

exactly why i wouldnt build one myself.....i just put it forth as another option.

well, maybe i'll try making my own 1x12 someday just for fun.
Quote by theoreticmusic

im probaly below unskilled, id say almost an incompetent craftsmen lol

but ya, ok so aside from avatar anything orangy sounding??
Why can't you just do Avatar?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
Why can't you just do Avatar?

Im just seeing if there is anything else to look into to make sure im gonna be the happiest as possible with dishing out 500 - 600 bucks for something, i mean the avatar seems good, but why would i stick with good if i can get great?
understandable. but the avatar will certainly sound basically exactly like the orange. same speakers and good build quality.

you can get the same color

put em side by side and take the logos off and I would bet there's no discernable difference
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
understandable. but the avatar will certainly sound basically exactly like the orange. same speakers and good build quality.

you can get the same color

put em side by side and take the logos off and I would bet there's no discernable difference

+ my left arm.
hell with avatar i could get any color i want ahaha, id probaly just go wtih orange to get the full effect lol,

i have maybe a few weeks before i get enough money to do anything, my birthday is the thirteenth and once i collect my birthday money probaly the week after, ill have like 600 ish maybe a little more, so ill probaly go wtih an avatar, i just really want to make sure since it is a lot of money
Quote by eberg2
hell with avatar i could get any color i want ahaha, id probaly just go wtih orange to get the full effect lol,

i have maybe a few weeks before i get enough money to do anything, my birthday is the thirteenth and once i collect my birthday money probaly the week after, ill have like 600 ish maybe a little more, so ill probaly go wtih an avatar, i just really want to make sure since it is a lot of money

friday the 13th

and yeah, avatars are definitely worth the money.
Maybe also check out Lopoline cabs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Skierinanutshel
friday the 13th

and yeah, avatars are definitely worth the money.

ha it finally happened, ive always wanted my brithday to be on friday the thirtenth
Quote by eberg2
ha it finally happened, ive always wanted my brithday to be on friday the thirtenth

i was born on friday the 13th.......................
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i was born on friday the 13th.......................

aw jesus crap, steeling my thunder