I have always searched for ways to make my playing live and at home be cleaner and tighter. My goal has been to be able to play in any style of music and sound crisp and clean like it was right off the record. Now I decided to ask in a few online forums to see if anyone had any tips whether being about the setup of your rig or in your playing that get the tight clean playing.

I'm open to any suggestions so lets hear them!
practice with a metronome slowly, make sure your muting is absolutely perfect before moving onto a higher speed,
honestly there isn't a whole lot more to it, if you can play it perfectly how you'd like it slow, it'll eventually sound that way fast.
hmm. well most people usually play things fast, but sloppy, if this is what you mean. then just simply practice the piece slowly until it's perfect and you can do it at least ten times in a row without messing around. then do it a little faster and faster and faster until you get a nice clean non sloppy piece. if thats what you meant lol
Yeah I know how to practice and get my parts right, but say I can play a piece perfectly like I have practiced every time. Compare that to a session guitarist with the same piece, his is always sounding clearer and just sounds like it is straight off a mixed record.
I have the same problem...
I know, that didn't help... but maybe you'll feel better.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by rockinrider55
. My goal has been to be able to play in any style of music and sound crisp and clean like it was right off the record.

Not a realistic goal. There will always be some style of music that you aren't aware of/can't play.

I would suggest that a better goal is to simply enjoy playing. Learn what you can/want to learn, at your own pace. Play what you want to play. If you're fortunate, maybe your playing will be heard "right of the record".... or CD.... or whatever technology is used at the time that you find success.
Quote by rockinrider55
Yeah I know how to practice and get my parts right, but say I can play a piece perfectly like I have practiced every time. Compare that to a session guitarist with the same piece, his is always sounding clearer and just sounds like it is straight off a mixed record.

He's likely just been doing the same thing - just for even longer,
something in your technique can always be improved, examine your playing and find your weaknesses and work on them