Hi all...Something that has always pissed me off (among many things like this) is the fact that there are children working like slaves for a mere pittance to line the pockets of the already rich!!!! It sickens me!!!

I heard something that brought this to mind again & had an horrendous dream on the subject. All the way through the dream a melody on some kinda flute was playing in the background. I jumped out of bed & laid the melody down before I forgot it. I’ve now worked on it for a while & came up with this rough idea for anyone interested: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7281594&q=hi

Peace.

phil.
amazing.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
I thought that was brilliant man! listened to the whole thing, very easy listening and some great creative ideas. I didn't care much for the first minute of the piece what with the children and chanting, but i suppose that was all just to add to the atmosphere of the song. Well Done!
That is something else man.. That is awesome. Your tone is good, what did you use for the drums? VST, live drums, samples? Do you have a sustainer pedal or pick-up? Or did you use feedback for the sustain effect?
Last edited by helraizer at Feb 8, 2009,
Thanks guys for the kind words!

Quote by Axe Samurai
I didn't care much for the first minute of the piece what with the children and chanting, but i suppose that was all just to add to the atmosphere of the song.

you’re not the first to say this Axe.. I think I’m on my way to loosing the intro for the finished track thanks man

Quote by helraizer
what did you use for the drums? VST, live drums, samples? Do you have a sustainer pedal or pick-up? Or did you use feedback for the sustain effect?

Thanks hel….. yeah VST superior drummer (it’s the new version of EZdrummer) & Spectrasonics StylusRMX …… guitar wise an old strat I built from bits & installed the fernandes sustainer fsk101 pickup… I’ve been after something like this for years; real true feedback without the stacks of amps that is totally controllable. Oh joy

Thanks guys…

Phil…
Last edited by philsick at Feb 8, 2009,
I actually do rather like the beginning with the kids and chanting.. haha, but, perhaps that's just me. Maybe if you just shortened it up a bit somehow? Donno if that helps at all, lol. I do like the drums as well.

This is just a good song, good to do a song about something you have some passion about too! Keep it up.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061877
Wow! A brilliant mix up of tone colours and effects that really does bring something new to the fore. Fantastic and original.

I love the contrast between the ambient synth pad and the intermittent melody of the strings cutting in and out between the lead guitar. I love how the thematic melody trades around the instruments. Excellent use of the vocals as well to create a very unique atmosphere.

The modal soloing in the leads really shows your improvisational technique in a Jazz format, but also when rhythm guitar is introduced it really makes a genre shift into a heavier side of the fusion between Jazz/rock and tribal/epic whatever you want to call it.
The drums, whatever program you are using, are fantastic at complimenting everything going on around it in the instrumentation.

You have really pushed the boundaries of genre with this one and I'm loving it, just a great conglomerate of tone colour and genre that somehow makes a statement about your viewpoint in a very profound sense. Extremely well done.

This is my latest, if you're interested
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18526886#post18526886
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
I always like psychedelic songs and this kind of gives that vibe off. I like the children chants. When it starts going into the song it sounds like they start going underwater. The vocal part sounds very middle eastern and I really dig it. The drums sound great. Is this all done at your home? If it is, that's ****ing crazy, I want to be able to do stuff like this. The lead riff is so great, the feel it gives just adds to the middle eastern vibe I'm feeling. I like the strings, they're nice too.

Overall, that song is epic. It's really great, and if you still work on it, it can only get better I'd say.

Crit mine?!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18536247#post18536247
Wow… thanks very much David. I listened to you stuff; it’s nice to hear musicians like yourself who are attempting to try something different! Synthetic Dreams is a good example (luv the piano intro; very soulful indeed & the guitar chops are spot on)!!!!!… Unfortunately most musicians (well, in my opinion anyway) will not chance trying new things in fear of rejection etc! It’s a shame because this is how new genres are born. I think many would be surprised how good something can be by moving away “just a little” from the mainstream formats!

Cheers HP, thanks for your response.

Keep in touch. Good luck.

Phil..