Which should i go for:

1. USA EH Big Muff for $50

or

2. modded Sovtek Big Muff Pi( modded with mid range control and LEDs) for $60

Also

How is the Digitech Synth Wah pedal? and is $35 a good price for one?

AMP: H& K Attack 40W
Thanks in advance !
Last edited by insomniac000 at Feb 8, 2009,
amp??
max budget???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Skierinanutshel
for that price, the muff for sure.

synth wah = no good.

lol which muff? the usa version for $50 or the modded sovtek version?>
the US muff is more like a fuzz but some disagree...... i suggest getting the USSR one
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The Digitech synth wah is terrible. Get a good wah like a VOX or the Fender Fuzz Wah
usa muff has more fuzz. russian has more warmth. i prefer the russian. oh and you wont need an led mod to tell you its on even if youre not playing unless you have the quietest rig humanity has ever seen.
Quote by darkwolf291
i hate auto wahs...defeats the purpose of having a wah if you dont have expression pedal

Very untrue. Envelope filters usually have a whole host of features a regular wah does not have, like hooking it into an envelope follower or a low frequency oscillator. I love my auto-wah...I can create a very intense, deep oscillating wah with all the harmonic/filter parameters I want, or a subtle, mild envelope following wah for a "liquid" tone.

-edit- I can also hook in an expression pedal, or, even better, another source like a synth beat or something for modulation.

To answer the OP, the Sovtek Big Muff will be a little smoother, darker, and 'bubblier', while the USA will be a more compressed fuzz.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Last edited by VisionaryTics at Feb 8, 2009,
hmm so far 1 vote for usa one vote for sovtek.

ps. Is my amp any good? I'm new at this dont know much about equipment
Quote by VisionaryTics
Very untrue. Envelope filters usually have a whole host of features a regular wah does not have, like hooking it into an envelope follower or a low frequency oscillator. I love my auto-wah...I can create a very intense, deep oscillating wah with all the harmonic/filter parameters I want, or a subtle, mild envelope following wah for a "liquid" tone.

-edit- I can also hook in an expression pedal, or, even better, another source like a synth beat or something for modulation.

To answer the OP, the Sovtek Big Muff will be a little smoother, darker, and 'bubblier', while the USA will be a more compressed fuzz.

this, fo' realz.

the emma discumBOBulator = sex in a box.
Quote by VisionaryTics

smoother and darker sounds nice.

Is this particular wah im looking at, digitech wah synth for $35, do you think this is a good purchase or should i start with a controlled wah?
I would stay away from a synth wah. Wahs are very finicky and cheap ones can sound REALLY bad. Think throwing your amp to the bottom of a well and treble boosting the hell out of it bad.

This is really a pedal I wouldn't go cheap on. What type of music do you play? For classic rock/blues, Dunlop's CLASSIC Crybaby (not GCB-95, separate pedals) is a good pedal that can be found for $100. I would avoid the GCB-95 like the plague (I hate mine, it's good for nothing but practicing how to mod effects). I hear good things about the Vox 847, but have never played one myself.

If you play metal or hard rock, I'm sure other posters can help you.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
ok then i think i will go with the sovtek Big muff and skip the auto wah. thanks for the advice!