hey, does anyone know if there is a pedal which can be hooked up to a single stombox or pedal to give it true bypass?

i think keeley do one, but thats like £50, and i cant justify that amount of money when i could buy another pedal for that!

i just want this bypass thing so i can put my digitech RP200 in my effect loop without killing my tone

cheers for any help
Loop-Master makes some really nice ones, I just ordered my 8-Loop one a couple of days ago.

loop-master.com

Edit: Not sure if they'll ship to the UK, though.
It's unclear from your original post, are you trying to make a pedal true bypass or to have it so that you can create a completely clean line when not using effects?

Either way it's a pretty easy job to do yourself. I recommend hopping down one forum to the customization guys to learn how to do it.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
um, i think the second one, so i can have a seperate switch to bypass the multi FX when i dont want it so it doesnt effect my tone

i dont want to customise it to have a true bypass, that would only go so very wrong!

edit: to the person who sugested loop masters, they have the exact thing i was thinking of!

its called the micro effect switcher on there
(i would post a link, but im not sure if that would violate the forum rules)

anyone sggest an alternative for someone in the UK?
(to save me on postage and import tax)
Last edited by jaybals at Feb 8, 2009,
Last edited by _Sanitarium_ at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by jaybals
hey, does anyone know if there is a pedal which can be hooked up to a single stombox or pedal to give it true bypass?

i think keeley do one, but thats like £50, and i cant justify that amount of money when i could buy another pedal for that!

i just want this bypass thing so i can put my digitech RP200 in my effect loop without killing my tone

cheers for any help

I can make you one for £30, ill PM you!
The guitar player mag with Gilmour on the cover a couple months ago. Had some nice schematics on how to make your own. UT probably needs about ten bucks worth of parts.

And if you know how to use a sodering iron. I can't imaging it taking more then 15 minutes to build it.

Just a suggestion. I can't see spending 60 dollars on something you can build yourself. For a third of the cost.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
They are piss easy to make if you want to make one. However, since you are british, a company on Ebay called Napalm Pedals makes brilliant loopers, just received mine in the mail last week and it's so damn clear and crisp and brilliant switching response too. MC-FX in Australia also make a nice one, not to mention Gruvin Arts are putting out one called the Mako, which is supposed to be the smallest TB FX loop available.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by boxcarmonument
The guitar player mag with Gilmour on the cover a couple months ago. Had some nice schematics on how to make your own. UT probably needs about ten bucks worth of parts.

And if you know how to use a sodering iron. I can't imaging it taking more then 15 minutes to build it.

Just a suggestion. I can't see spending 60 dollars on something you can build yourself. For a third of the cost.

would you be able to scan me that article?
although i've had bad luck with making things myself (my fuzz i made didn't last long...)
The Loop Masters stuff is simple and well made. However if you ever want one that's virtually impervious to everything, Lehle makes some great stuff.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM