To write grunge music, do you have to be from Seattle? It seems like every grunge band were formed in Seattle. Are there no new grunge bands? Is it dying?
Grunge is dead. Been dead for a while. And no location doesn't matter. Do you have to be from NYC to write punk music? The Sex Pistols would disagree.... People still play grunge music but most of it is just Alternative, but that doesn't mean they're keeping it alive, they're just playing what they feel comfortable doing.
Quote by Scumbag1792
Grunge is dead. Been dead for a while. And no location doesn't matter. Do you have to be from NYC to write punk music? The Sex Pistols would disagree.... People still play grunge music but most of it is just Alternative, but that doesn't mean they're keeping it alive, they're just playing what they feel comfortable doing.

The Sex Pistols would not call themselves punk.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Yes, you would Grunge was music that was from Seattle in the late 80s early 90s almost none of it sounded a like so yes.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by poptard
To write grunge music, do you have to be from Seattle?

Yes, music written outside of Seattle can in no way be considered Grunge.

Seriously though, Grunge has been out of style for quite some time, but that doesn't mean you couldn't write something in that style.... no matter where you live.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Chasepw133
i thought it died 10 years ago

actually it died 15 years ago.... this year.

RIP Kurt Cobain.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!