I'm looking into ibanez guitars mostly with or without a trem depending on the cost. If anyone has any opinions on the best cheap 7 strings out there, that would help a lot! Thanks guys.
Quote by Pac_man0123
With trem: Used RG7620

Without: Used RG7621

Fixed

You can actually get a 7621 for about 400-500 USD now,and the quality and sound is much better than the 7321 IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I know TS said Ibanez, but he also said best cheap 7-strings, and there's better hardware etc. on some Agiles in the same price bracket
No point just looking at one brand really, is there?
ohai little sig.
ESP/LTD man
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by Demonikk
I know TS said Ibanez, but he also said best cheap 7-strings, and there's better hardware etc. on some Agiles in the same price bracket
No point just looking at one brand really, is there?

An RG7621 has DiMarzio pickups and an edge lo pro 7 on it I believe and can be had for less than 600 USD and about 700-800 USD for a mint condition model.The Agiles in the same price point use inferior trems to the edge and EMG pups,and we both know that EMG pickups and actives in general have their specific field of use.Agile is a good brand,but the Ibanez is a higher quality and more versatile instrument all around.The agile necks are also substantially (IMO) thicker than the necks on Ibanez guitars,which TS might not want.

Edit: Don't listen to the people suggesting you get cheaper Korean made guitars TS,if you want Ibanez you can get an MIJ model for the same price as one of the Schecter/ESP models and it will be a better quality instrument.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
An RG7621 has DiMarzio pickups and an edge lo pro 7 on it I believe and can be had for less than 600 USD and about 700-800 USD for a mint condition model.

I thought the 7621 was the fixed-bridge version and the 7620 has the lo-pro? I got my 7620 for $380.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I thought the 7621 was the fixed-bridge version and the 7620 has the lo-pro? I got my 7620 for $380.

Whoops,I got them confused haha.

RG7620 = trem

RG7621 = 7 string flat mount

I believe it does have the edge lo pro,but I'm not 100% certain on that.$380? Damn,that's a good deal.I've seen models that were case queens and looked like they'd never been played go for around 700 USD. I saw a mint 7621 that had been refinished in metallic charger orange and had the pups swapped out for EMG 707's going for $500 flat,so there are some good deals out there.

awesome, thanks guys. Still need a few more bills though. I gotta shred on some of these pieces first.
how cheap do you want to go?
i have a starter 7 string for sale. it's not a fancy RG1527 for sure, but just to get started and a feel for sevens, it's decent

it's an AX7221 btw.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo