For those who have worked/work at a music store, what kind of questions did they ask in the interview? What did they look for?
"Do you have any past experiences of sleeping with your bosses' wives?"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
So it really doesnt take much to get a job at these places then?
i know at guitar center you have to be 18 to work there. but other than that they are pretty lax about everything.
Quote by Ace.
So it really doesnt take much to get a job at these places then?

Well i worked at a music store called "Carls music store." They asked me if i knew anything about guitars and amps and i told them yeah and so i was hired. They closed down about a month later though.
Sail upon the open skies
do you have to know everything about the brands and which compared to which, or is it pretty standard knowledge of the guitars and they will tell you more or you will eventually learn more.
Quote by Ace.
For those who have worked/work at a music store, what kind of questions did they ask in the interview? What did they look for?

Depends what kind of music store it is, if it's a big place like GC they'll obviously ask quite different questions to a small, family owned place. GC will be looking for a decent salesperson whereas the small place will be looking for someone who actually knows their shit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Ace.
do you have to know everything about the brands and which compared to which, or is it pretty standard knowledge of the guitars and they will tell you more or you will eventually learn more.

Think of it this way:
Let's say you're a beginner/intermediate guitar player who doesn't know all too much about gear. You'd want somebody to help you who knows the differences between brands, models, dates, and so forth, right?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
"how would you describe a Marshall MG to a potential customer"
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
Quote by Ace.

If it's a small shop, they'll just want to know if you can tell the difference between a pickup and a whammy bar. Now GC will get more in depth. Questions about different brands, pickups, etc.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by YoHendrix
"how would you describe a Marshall MG to a potential customer"

it has

CRUSHING OVERDRIVE