i have a mexican standard strat, and i have trouble playing on it because i have really big hands

can anyone recommend me some good replacement necks?

id go on warmoth but i have no idea what to look for
I suggest a 7 string neck with a custom spaced bridge, nut, and pickups...

Or perhaps you could look into baritone necks.

As far as guitar necks go, they are all similar in "siz" like width of the fretboard.

The can very in length and back contour though.

What part is too small, in particular?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
hmmmm.
Well, I'm sorry to say, dude, but you're outta luck. For a strat, there's strat necks, strat necks, or strat necks, and you can take your pick. I'm sure you could make/have someone make you a neck that's longer and compensates as such in fretboard length...
what about it is hard? fret width? or is it the thickness of the neck?
I don't know how big your hands are, but Alex Lifeson from Rush has some of the biggest hands I've ever seen... and he can play on strats and teles
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
the frets are too small, do they make strat necks with anything larger than medium jumbo?

also the thickness of the neck sucks

also soloing on a strat is no problem, its playing barre chords and chord voicings past the 10th position that give me hard times
Last edited by unknowndrummer at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by unknowndrummer
the frets are too small, do they make strat necks with anything larger than medium jumbo?

also soloing on a strat is no problem, its playing barre chords and chord voicings past the 10th position that give me hard times

Go all Townshend on it. Use that giant thumb reach to your advantage.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Go all Townshend on it. Use that giant thumb reach to your advantage.

lol thats what ive been doing on my les paul

but yea if anyone can help

its appreciated
well, if the problem is the fret size, then you can refret it so the frets are bigger. But I know what you mean: I have the same problem with my strat. I just kinda deal with it.
But, hell, that's what made jimi great. he had /huge/ hands, if I'm not mistaken. And, of course, he also played a strat.
Quote by Emoishboy
well, if the problem is the fret size, then you can refret it so the frets are bigger. But I know what you mean: I have the same problem with my strat. I just kinda deal with it.
But, hell, that's what made jimi great. he had /huge/ hands, if I'm not mistaken. And, of course, he also played a strat.

thats true

but i have this strat just for studio and session work

and i need to be able play voicings all over the neck
Quote by unknowndrummer

Play a sustitution chord... instead of playing D minor on the 10th fret barred, play it on the the 5th.... simple as that, Usually I never play barchords past the 10th, because after the 11th fret things become tighter and tighter each time more