I know you can strip a body and refinish it with nitro so that it can wear and age, but can you do this to a neck too?
Cuz I dont want to have a pristine neck with a beat up body.
Well, you could buy some of the "Vintage tint" Amber lacquer (nitro) from Reranch, and finish it that way. I dont think a neck would get cracks in the finish, so I guess you could sand some of the lacquer down thinner so its a little bit more worn.
Quote by qotsa1998
Well, you could buy some of the "Vintage tint" Amber lacquer (nitro) from Reranch, and finish it that way. I dont think a neck would get cracks in the finish, so I guess you could sand some of the lacquer down thinner so its a little bit more worn.

But is this on an unfinished neck or an already finished neck?
I'm talking about an already finished neck.
Well, if you have a nice and shiny finished neck that you want to look worn, you could always just take some sanpaper to it to remove the finish, stain certain high use areas of it with a stain just a bit darker that the wood (Or even use tea bags, depending on the neck wood), wait to dry, and refinish... But if you go nitro or even poly for the refinish, make sure to scuff it up a bit with some real fine sandpaper or steel wool to remove the shine
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
^Not what I'm asking.
I'm asking is it the same technique as if you were refinishing a body, stripping the neck and then refinishing or what.