What style and price range?
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Wanna tell us what music you play? It helps...
You could also tell us your budget.
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
What type of sound are you looking for?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
GFS pickups are good. They have alot of different sets for diffrent styles, and all of em are competitively priced as well.
Quote by 7stringuzr
Don't upgrade a squire. Get a new guitar.

Why not? As long as the neck is solid and and it plays good, go for it. My squire pup's were a little smaller than standard so you might need to trim the pick guard. And GFS is the way to go unless you don't mind spending more for the pup than the guitar is worth.

Also, older Squire bodies are alder. Yes, worth upgrading as long as it's not agathis or ply.
Last edited by h82crash at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by 7stringuzr
Don't upgrade a squire. Get a new guitar.

Don't post advice, hit yourself with a brick.

An upgraded squire, if it has a decent body and neck, can be upgraded to the point of being better than an MIA Fender.

TS, the pickups we reccomend you are based almost entirely on what you want to play and what you want to spend.

Also, what amp you have.

I know everyone says it, but you will notice a huge improvement with a good amp versus a relatively small improvement with just new pickups through a bad amp.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
okay. i have a peavey vypyr 75 watt and the kind of music i play is alternative/indie. my price range is about between 100-200 dollars. heres a picture, but without the signatures and sticker, i took all those off, and the strings:
Get some fender '59 custom shop pickups.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.