To take a $300 strat and make it sound as good as a $1000 one? I have Mexican Strat and love everything about it, but it dosent sound as good as the more expensive American ones. Could I change the pickup and stuff like that to make it sound just as good? If so what modifacations can be done? Thanks!!!!
What model is it?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
What is your amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Mexican Strats have the very same pickups as their American cousins, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Mexican Strats have the very same pickups as their American cousins, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe in some cases, but my 60s Strat has a generic Fender 60s Pickup, while the AVRI '62 Strat has a CS 57/62 pickup, which will go in my Strat if I can ever hear a big difference.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Raijouta

Nah, most of them have ceramic junkers, some have tex mex pups and like les said a select few have custom shop pups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You could make it sound better,
but to make it sound as good as a 1000 dollar guitar you'd have to replace
the neck/body with better quality wood, and at that point you'd pretty much
have a new guitar anyways.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
How is the Alder on a MIA better than that of a MIM?
Quote by chip46
Again, what amp? That is where the biggest difference in your tone is going to come from if you dont currently like it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Still no answer to my question.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
How is the Alder on a MIA better than that of a MIM?

It's not.

Throw some quality PuP's in there, have it set up by a pro and enjoy your guitar.
Then Faux Affliction is wrong, like I thought.
Quote by chip46
Well I plan on getting a new amp before anything. I will get a new guitar, but I just love the one I have now and was asking if I could improve it.
TS, I plan on doing the same thing eventually. No thread-jack, but will my 60s Classic Series Strat with the same pups as the 62 AVRI sound as good?
Quote by chip46