..Is what my parents are telling me to do since I am not in school this semester, so it looks like I am going to have to. I have limited it down to two choices... cleaning windows and delivery driver for Boston market. I was wondering if any of you have ever had one of these jobs before and could recommend me to the best choice I can make.

The benefit of the delivery is that you can make bonuses, and they don't open until 10 so I can get my much needed sleep. Cleaning windows however ends at 3 in the afternoon but starts at 7 in the morning, but it sounds a lot more entertaining.

Pit, your thoughts?
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Pro Tip: Don't go back to work ten minutes after you break ended.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Window cleaning sure is entertaining...

Hey it's not like I am looking for a career. This is just a job that will last until the end of summer.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by ScottElwood
Hey it's not like I am looking for a career. This is just a job that will last until the end of summer.

I think delivery would be more fun.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I think delivery would be more fun.

I just hear that delivery drivers have to live off their tips, it would suck to work an entire night and get **** tips.
hmm....I'd say cleaning windows. A window cleaning company came to a job fair at my school and they made it seem like you were more in control of your work schedule. Like you'd have a list of assigned places you'd clean and as soon as you were done, you could go home. And you don't have to depend as much on tips.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
delivery man. you can listen to music in your car and sneak friends to drive with you.
why would you quit school? is working as a delivery boy better then attaining an education? I sense minimum wage in somebody's future...
Yeah.. cleaning windows sucks, but it wont be as stressfull as driving all day and maybe you get a cool coworker
Quote by HIM%(^
why would you quit school? is working as a delivery boy better then attaining an education? I sense minimum wage in somebody's future...

I was at Purdue Uni for Computer Graphics. Their program sucks and was not worth the 35k I was spending a year to attend. I am transferring either to Flashpoint Academy or Expression Institute in the fall semester
Quote by Karvid
Pro Tip: Don't go back to work ten minutes after you break ended.

ZING!!
Whichever pays best
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I was a delivery driver for Papa John's for a while. Contrary to popular belief, driving deliveries (at least at Papa John's) is good money. Minimum wage plus tips. I live in a small town, so I only did like $20-40 in tips a night, sometimes up to $60 on a Friday or Saturday. After subtracting gas, it usually averages out to $9-11 an hour. Plus you have the luxury of guaranteed cash in your pocket after every night you work.

That having been said, it mostly likely is quite different at Boston Market. I'm just setting the record straight about delivery driving. It's one of the best entry level jobs you can get - realistically. You can wait around on your ass for the perfect job, but you'll be waiting for a really long time.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I was a delivery driver for Papa John's for a while. Contrary to popular belief, driving deliveries (at least at Papa John's) is good money. Minimum wage plus tips. I live in a small town, so I only did like $20-40 in tips a night, sometimes up to $60 on a Friday or Saturday. After subtracting gas, it usually averages out to $9-11 an hour. Plus you have the luxury of guaranteed cash in your pocket after every night you work.

That having been said, it mostly likely is quite different at Boston Market. I'm just setting the record straight about delivery driving. It's one of the best entry level jobs you can get - realistically. You can wait around on your ass for the perfect job, but you'll be waiting for a really long time.

Great information, thanks!