Alright guys, here goes:
I have a Fender Custom Shop Showmaster Elite FMT and recently found out that all showmaster models have been discontinued, my question isn't the reason since I don't care, I love my guitar, it plays beautifully and sounds great, I was just wondering... What happens to the value of the guitar? Will it go up? Now? In 2 years? In 10 years? Will the value drop? etc.

Thanks, and sorry if i'm in the wrong forum.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

The value of the guitar will go up according to the demanding in the market. If it was a good guitar, low production and popular then it might but never think of a guitar as an investment. Just play it, enjoy it and if it goes up then thats a bonus. Thats why I don't get when people buy American Strats thinking it'll go up in value. The market is so full of Fender Strats no one will care.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I didn't even know it was gonna be discontinued, I bought it a few months before it happened, and I just found about it yesterday. Of course, selling it isn't in my plans at least for another few years, I love the guitar The guitar is good, production was low (custom shop...) and I dunno if it's popular, but it plays like a dream.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||