what do you have to replace to make a crappy guitar to a not so bad guitar? I m assuming all the electrical parts.
What does it take to make you use common ****ing sense?

You replace the crappy parts.

You really had to ask this question?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
What does it take to make you use common ****ing sense?

You replace the crappy parts.

You really had to ask this question?

this
and chances are your better off just buying a new guitar
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
the guitar.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
The amp.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by fretsofthebeast
this
and chances are your better off just buying a new guitar and chances are that with a good body and neck, any guitar can be customized into an excellent piece.

I think that's what you meant.

Really though, I'm a strong supporter of customizing/making your own things rather than buying some that is "good" because of the name on the headstock.

Provided you have the right base, you just need to replace the weak links to make it good.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Albino_Rhino
I think that's what you meant.

Really though, I'm a strong supporter of customizing/making your own things rather than buying some that is "good" because of the name on the headstock.

Provided you have the right base, you just need to replace the weak links to make it good.

there thats the answer i needed, thank you
you may be able to make it better by simply setting it up rite, and adding a few things sutch as pickups, pots, and decent tuners, but for the expense you may rather buy anouther guitar thats already set up. it depends really on what YOU feel like doing, and as for making it "better" its a matter of personal opinion.
For sound? Pickups/pots/wiring maybe switch/jack
For playability? Neck, tuners, bridge maybe, strings
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
change the neck, the tuners, the bridge, the pickups and electronics, the body and all the screws.
Quote by noisefarmer
change the neck, the tuners, the bridge, the pickups and electronics, the body and all the screws.

so im left with strings, lol
Quote by noisefarmer

lmao
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
You have to know or figure out what on your guitar is crappy. If the neck is straight, responds to truss rod adjustments, good frets, and the body is made of a decent dense wood, then it might be worth upgrading no matter how cheap it was.

Have a tech make sure it is set up properly. If yes, then does it stay in tune? If so, ya don't need tuners or bridges or nuts. Is it just the tone from the pickups that's crappy? 2nd post is a bit harsh but he's right. Think a little more about your goal and then ask questions to try to reach it.
what don't you like about your guitar?
Why is it crappy?
What guitar have you got?
Whats wrong with it?
Whats your amp?
Some of you guys suck at advice and OP you need to explain what exactly is wrong with the guitar. How long have you been playing for? How can you tell it's "crappy"? How do you define "crappy" for that matter? :P
Quote by danyellenik
For sound? Pickups/pots/wiring maybe switch/jack
For playability? Neck, tuners, bridge maybe, strings

^ +1
Well lets say for example you have a guitar similar to mine... Its got a good body and a decent neck.. And by decent I mean that its good but old so its got some wear... Now I like the worn look so I will stick with the neck, but the body is banged up and the majority of the hardware sucks balls... So if the body is bad, you can always refinish it, but that has nothing to do with sound, just aesthetics... Then you start by replacing the hardware... An upgraded bridge... New tuners.. New nut... The you have the base for a guitar that will hold tuning longer then 5 seconds... Now you can work on the quality of the sound... So you buy new pots.. A new input jack and a new switch... Wire all those up and now you have the base of a guitar that can hold tuning and has good quality electronics... So now you start looking into pickups.. Depending on what amp you have will depend on how much the pickups actually effect your tone... If you have a good amp you're more then likely going to hear a difference in swapping pickups, but if you have a crap amp then not so much... But lets say you have a good amp... Then you start looking at quality name brand pickups... Even some obscure ones if money allows it... You find ones that fit your style and playing needs as closely as you can... Then once you've found a set you like you slap those in... Now you have a guitar, that while its name may not rival bigger brands, its sound is something that you are happy to call your own...
anyone know if the new GRETSCH Synchro-Sonic Bridge can be fitted to a gibson les paul?
Quote by music_mike
Well lets say for example you have a guitar similar to mine... Its got a good body and a decent neck.. And by decent I mean that its good but old so its got some wear... Now I like the worn look so I will stick with the neck, but the body is banged up and the majority of the hardware sucks balls... So if the body is bad, you can always refinish it, but that has nothing to do with sound, just aesthetics... Then you start by replacing the hardware... An upgraded bridge... New tuners.. New nut... The you have the base for a guitar that will hold tuning longer then 5 seconds... Now you can work on the quality of the sound... So you buy new pots.. A new input jack and a new switch... Wire all those up and now you have the base of a guitar that can hold tuning and has good quality electronics... So now you start looking into pickups.. Depending on what amp you have will depend on how much the pickups actually effect your tone... If you have a good amp you're more then likely going to hear a difference in swapping pickups, but if you have a crap amp then not so much... But lets say you have a good amp... Then you start looking at quality name brand pickups... Even some obscure ones if money allows it... You find ones that fit your style and playing needs as closely as you can... Then once you've found a set you like you slap those in... Now you have a guitar, that while its name may not rival bigger brands, its sound is something that you are happy to call your own...

what this guy said ^^
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Originally Posted by noisefarmer

Quote by jpo1992
so im left with strings, lol

yah that about describes it. Oh keep the neck plate, knobs, and pickguard (maybe).